Subject: Simple Variant: Bringing Ninja Back rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Davidson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I've been having a lot of fun with this little game, but with a very small rule change that has made it much more fun.

We added a new action you can take on your turn. Instead of rolling the dice, you may place one of your previously killed ninjas back on the board in any space on the back row of your dojo.

It still is an advantage to kill your opponent's ninjas because he must waste a turn putting them back on the board (and you are usually preventing him from getting back to his dojo and earning points), but it is not as big an advantage as in the normal rules. In the normal game, if you roll so that you can kill a ninja, it is almost always the best thing to do. With these rules, you sometimes are better off going for points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it make it a longer game?

If you don´t have a Ninja out of the Dojo, then this is a great move since some times you play defensivly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Davidson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
It does make the game slightly longer, but since the game is so short, this is not a big deal. I think the increased time is a plus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game will last forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Davidson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The game still ends by gaining points. The game would only last forever if players never go into the opposing player's dojo (but the game would last forever using the normal rules if the players acted in this way).

Putting a ninja back on the board counts as your turn, so it sort of gives the other player an "extra" turn.

This is the only way I play now. The games last slightly longer, but not by much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so do you games always end by getting 7 points or can you still kill off the other team this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Davidson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The only victory condition is getting 7 points. If a player has his last ninja killed, then his only option is bringing one back on his next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.