Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I've wrapped up most of the work on Cities of Adventure, I've turned to making new heroes for the game using the unused cover art from the big box sets. Here are the three heroes from the Frozen Wastes box cover. New heroes should be posted every day for the next week... so stay tuned.

*Miniatures not included*

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here are conversions for three Descent heroes from the Well of Darkness cover art. These miniatures are also included in the recent printing of Drakon.

And as always, comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Judd

P.S. - For some reason Pip the Possum's link tries to take one to a reduced size image that doesn't work. If you click on the original size option, the image will appear correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight games should really consider hiring you. Your Cities of Adventure variant (the color version) is printed, laminated and given a place of honor in my Runebound box and you've inspired me to make my own adventure variant. These are genius though it wouldn't feel right without having some miniatures to accompany them, so I won't likely add them to my box, but that doesn't make these any less awesome and consistent with the other heroes.

I'm especially fond of Skaergar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work, Judd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its strange... given FFG's love of making Runebound expansions, I always figured they would come out with a Heroes expansion, especially after they made the miniatures for the descent cover art and didn't use them in any Runebound expansion. Who knows... maybe they will someday, but in the meantime, I got tired of waiting and decided just to make my own "Heroes of Runebound" expansion.

If anyone knows of any good miniatures to use... feel free to share.

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work!!

I just find the before combattests of 20 a bit high. I remember that the basegame characters don't have such high before combattests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true, but the bonus is correspondingly high. His CoA variant has similar high-risk high reward rolls. As long as the reward is appropriate for the difficulty of the roll, I can deal with stuff like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The (20) skill checks are probably erring on the side of caution, but I'd rather have the special abilities be interesting and fun, rather than overpowered and game breaking. And to be honest, even the 40+ official characters are not perfectly balanced with each other but the game of Runebound has enough chaos that it all seems to balance out in the end.

For the most part...

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the next three heroes, taken from the cover of the Sands expansion.

Enjoy!

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadu
Brazil
São Gonçalo
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
badge
Spectreman fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!! Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here are the three heroes from the Descent cover art. The miniatures for these heroes were included in Descent: Well of Darkness. They were also included in the new version of Drakon.

Enjoy!

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here are 3 more. Two from the Island of Dread cover art and one from the Descent: Tombs of Ice expansion.

Enjoy!

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats all the heroes I have made up for now, but I'll be posting more on this same thread from time to time.

Next up, I've started work on an adventure variant using the Island of Dread board.

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive. I find Whispers to be especially unique... though I don't think I would ever want to use him... her? It?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whispers is one of my favorites as well, along with Jaffar the Trader. They both require a player to re-think their pre-conceived Runebound strategies and make for a very interesting game experience. If you think Whispers is cool, give "him" a try, you may be pleasantly surprised at how much fun he is to use. If nothing else, he'll make for a unique game.

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Hietala
msg tools
These are so cool. Seeing these inspired me to make my own too. (http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/462912)

I'm just clipping yours apart as I just laminated them.

Have you thought of doing any monsters or other stuff for the game too? (Well other than rule stuff, like Cities of Adventure, which is amazing too btw)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually working on two Runebound projects at the moment. One is a new adventure variant for Isle of Dread. This introduces a lot of new monsters and encounters, most of which involve Sea Travel. It will also introduce a whole new island and cast of villains for the endgame.

The other idea I'm working on at the moment is a Cities of Adventure variant for Midnight.

With a little luck I should get at least one of them finished up before Christmas.

Judd

Of course, I've also made a new allies deck for Isle of Dread (which could be easily transferred over to any other map board) and a new endgame variant for Sands of Al-Kalim. The latter involves a host of new monsters. Both our posted in the files sections of the various expansion pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That´s sound good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.