Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: Complexity ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question to the designer :

compared to other games in the Columbia Games series (Quebec, 1813, Rommel in the Desert, EuroFront, etc.), or to COH,
how complex do you intend this new game to be ?

Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Roger,

I haven't played the parenthetical games you mentioned so can't make a fair comparison as to complexity. As for Conflict of Heroes and other tactical WWII games, I answered that in another thread:

"Fighting Formations looks to be a bit more complex than Combat Commander, Conflict of Heroes, Tide of Iron, Lock 'n' Load or World At War; less complex than ASL (duh!).

I haven't played the ASL Starter Kits so can't comment on those.

I don't remember enough about Panzer Grenadier or ATS when I dabbled in those years ago to make a fair comparison."

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad, I thought you said FF made ASL look like Liars Dice in complexity terms.....laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heap Senhouse
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just want to make sure the poster understands that this is not a block game by Columbia. His post makes it sounds like he thinks FF is in that line of games, by comparing it to "other" block games.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree : not one block in sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.