Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a GC for $50 to LL Beans for Christmas and haven't used it. If you're interested let me know and I'll take a look at your list.

Thanks,
robbage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, and you haven't spent that yet?

I would have spent that in a heartbeat, at least on some great socks...

But then again, you could have used it on dry flies or other outdoor/fishing bean gear, unless it's far too mainstream stuff. You probably already own the equivalent or much, much better than what they're selling. Or, if you test it, you get to use it for free...

Do you tie your own flies? Or do you test commercially produced patterns like LL Bean might sell?

Fly Fishing is one of the five things I want to learn before I die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning Christian,

As for fly fishing and sea kayaking, I get the gear sent out for expeditions and projects and often either review it or mention it contextually in my writing. Beans has some decent equipment but from a pro west coast perspective, we wouldn't be caught dead wearing/using it :^

But let me know if you can use it; Id let it go cheap (and throw in a copy of my book of fly fishing adventures).

robbage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, that's really funny. I like the passionate "wouldn't be caught dead" response... I hear similar sentiments when I am fishing in Maine. But they use terms like "flatlanders" or other derogatory constructions of colorful language to describe the non-regional people and their possessions.

That made me do a spit-take with my morning militantly non-Starbucks coffee, LOL.

But I digress. Great article about the Deschutes river, btw.

I cannot say I know all the flyfishing lingo yet, but I love what I have read of your writing style. Your words describing the energy of the moment and the detailed snapshot of the surroundings paint a really captivating picture for me.

Do you have a writer's blog? I mean, any e-site where you give updates about contributions, etc? Michael Perry, a writer from my hometown area has one which I frequent, www.sneezingcow.com, and I try to keep up with all that he writes and contributes.

I'd like to follow your work a similar way.

(Heck, I interact with him on Facebook and Twitter too. But that's probably overkill. But we have a common past--and I consider him a friend.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robbage,

I'm not sure if you still have the gift card, but if you do, I have some games up for trade and am interested - I love LL Bean! Let me know if you see anything on my trade list that you like.

Thanks,
Christy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.