Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I ahve been looking for standard inserts to use ina card game, and can't seem to find any.

Has anyone found a company that sells standard sized inserts (the formed plastic ones that you would find in a game like Uno, Lost Cities, etc)?

If not do you know the industry term for these? I am surprised that i can't find anyone that has these so I must be searching for the wrong words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be surprised to find a company that sells them. There is no "standard size" for inserts, but of course there are the box standards of each publisher, to which the inserts must comply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
look for "molded inserts" or custom plastic molding, etc. Most of these types of components use injection molding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

I too have been wondering where I might find such a thing... I finally decided the easiest way would be to stalk the game shelves of the thrift stores, looking for crappy (or incomplete) games that have them... of course if you're looking for them in bulk, this may not be the best solution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
try "Vacuum formed" or "Vacuum molded" plastic/trays. sometimes "Vacu-formed".

here's the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_forming

and i know i've watched videos on... i think youtube, but it might have been constructables or wikihow about do-it-yourselfing it, and it actually seemed pretty reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.