Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the July 9 newsletter, there are several TS ordering options:

The full deluxe edition (P500 price $38)
The deluxe upgrade kit (mounted map, new card deck, rules, charts, but NOT the countersheet) (P500 price $27)
The mounted map only (P500 price $14)
The deluxe countersheet only (thicker counters) (P500 price $7)

Of course, if you get both the upgrade kit and the new countersheet ... you've bought a new game minus the box and dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any changes been made to the card deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep my eye on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Having never pre-ordered anything... $38 + $4.50 shipping sounds quite good. I may just have to get on the bandwagon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much! I've been waiting for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny5 wrote:
Having never pre-ordered anything... $38 + $4.50 shipping sounds quite good. I may just have to get on the bandwagon.

Is that the actual shipping to Canada? Seems way too low.

Looked at it, but all I could find was the shipping matrix, but wasn't sure where on it TS would lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Is that the actual shipping to Canada? Seems way too low.

Yeah, it does... and now that I've looked at it again, I think that shipping matrix is referring to how many pounds your order weighs (I had optimistically taken it to mean "number of games ordered" when I first looked at it). So the actual shipping becomes more like $9 to $12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently in addition to the fully mounted map the counters will be Euro thickness and such as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woohoo November...I hoped for late summer but oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any idea if the box and dice have changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is actually different rather than just better quality physical materials and improved artwork?

The board is just described as "mounted" and "revised graphics". I think "mounted" is different than the regular GMT "deluxe" maps and more like what was in C&C Ancients expansions. Is the "Chinese Civil War" space new? (was there a C3I article about this?)

Are the counters different other than being "double thick"? Perhaps the counters include some new event markers for the changed deck.

Deck increased to 110 (from 104) -- so there are some new cards and possibly revisions to old cards.

Revised rules and play aids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, put in my pre-order, only $2.50 shipping here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ted,
The main differences are just that... quality of components and a new look. There are also some new cards, but there isn't much info about this issue.

You are right about the board, as mounted is different from deluxe.

The Chinese Civil War Variant is described on C3i #21.

The old deck had 103 playing cards, not 104... unless you are counting the TS description card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tedhkim wrote:
What is actually different rather than just better quality physical materials and improved artwork?

The board is just described as "mounted" and "revised graphics". I think "mounted" is different than the regular GMT "deluxe" maps and more like what was in C&C Ancients expansions. Is the "Chinese Civil War" space new? (was there a C3I article about this?)

Are the counters different other than being "double thick"? Perhaps the counters include some new event markers for the changed deck.

Deck increased to 110 (from 104) -- so there are some new cards and possibly revisions to old cards.

Revised rules and play aids.

Ted, there is no real difference in the game. Its just an edition with improved components (very nicely improved) and some extras thrown in. Among the extras are the Chinese Civil War variant, which was printed in C3I, but will be included in the rules with the necessary counter and space incorporated into the map. Volko Ruhnke's late war scenario will also be included.

Finally, Ananda and I designed up some additional cards that are marked optional. There is a chance that they will ultimately be incorporated into tournament play, but only time will tell, and that will only be important to you if you play in TS tournaments.

One permanent change will be an additional 2 IPs to start in Canada, but that hardly requires that you purchase the Deluxe Edition.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the news Jason! It would be nice to get some pictures of the new counters and cards and perhaps some more information on what the new cards do,? At the very least it would help me make a more educated decision on whether to P500 the upgrade kit or not.

Also - will the upgrade kit and new counters have a worldwide distribution (i.e. for me the UK), and if so, how long after the November would this be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more tempted by the new cards than anything else. Jason, would you be able to tell us anything about them? Also, is there a chance that they might be released on their own, perhaps with C3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Will the box be any different, or will it be like those produced for Manoeuvre and Blackbeard? And what about the card stock? Will it be the same as the 2nd edition, or will they be more like standard playing cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, shipping in the US is about $4.50? That was my only concern, as it won't commit to shipping before you order and I'm not sure what you do if you get the email, "your shipping charges are $27.00" or something silly like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Leonhard
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shipping varies by region, view the shipping chart during checkout to see your options.

My region is US - East and my shipping charge is $3.50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second, third, fourth or fifth any suggestion asking for more card information. What is in the 'upgrade'? I get the mounted board concept, but I've bought Plexiglas so that isn't a huge desire. Cards on the other hand..... mmm..

Thanks for any tibbits Jason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Tanenbaum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the timeline on the discount prices? Is it just until they sell out or is there a cut-off date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised to see it as a P500. Does this actually mean that GMT will wait for 500 pre-orders to their site before putting it through their production loop? Or, is this more of just a bookkeeping device?

If they do wait for 500 pre-orders on their site, we may be waiting quite a while before we see this edition (just look how long it takes to get a commands and colors expansion from initial announcement to delivery at your doorstep).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny5 wrote:
Yeah, it does... and now that I've looked at it again, I think that shipping matrix is referring to how many pounds your order weighs (I had optimistically taken it to mean "number of games ordered" when I first looked at it). So the actual shipping becomes more like $9 to $12.

Well, now I'm not so sure. Given this info:

DanKD wrote:
Nice, put in my pre-order, only $2.50 shipping here

andsoerinsaid wrote:
My region is US - East and my shipping charge is $3.50.

from this table: http://www.gmtgames.com/GMTShippingTable.htm, both of them are only on the low 1 high 1 line. Which would mean the Canadian shipping is $4.50, which would be excellent. Way less than I would have expected.

Although, now that I think about it, they didn't state what they ordered. Maybe it was only part of the game, the cards only, etc.

I'm thinking about ordering the whole game (don't own it at all yet). If anyone from Canada does pre-order, please post exactly how much the shipping charges are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
I asked on the GMT chat what the shipping charge would be to Canada and was told $12 to $15. Which means it'll come out to about the same as I can get it for locally.

Those of you expecting $2.50 and $3.50, you may want to double-check... based on what I was told, you're looking at more like $6 to $8 and $10 to $14 respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern is that the upgrade kit costs as much as a new game. I do understand that the quality of components is much higher now, but I'd have expected a greater difference in pricing as, after all, TS fans have already paid the full price for a copy.

Another question: why does the upgrade kit contain an entirely new card deck, instead of just the new optional cards? Surely the latter option would have cut costs for current owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.