Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the status of this title? Decision Games lists it as "Available now" but Thoughthammer and Boulder Games both list it still as preorder "due in July" (and at a much better price). I have a pre-order in with Boulder but wasn't sure whether to expect things to happen soon (since Decision has them available) or if it could potentially be a long wait (if Decision is historically slow to fill orders or something).

OK, what's really going on is that I'm excited about RAF and my inner 4-year-old is jumping up and down saying "Iwantit Iwantit Iwantit!" but I have no idea what to expect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
It was released in late May. I got mine directly from Decision Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's what I'm a little confused about-if it has been available from the publisher, why are the online retailers still on pre-order expecting it "in July"? Is this typical? Do the publishers do this so more people will buy directly from them first? I admit, I chose Boulder because it was cheaper and since it's July and the publisher seems to have them, I figured there wouldn't be much delay. But now I'm a little confused by the process. Not complaining, just sort of wondering what to expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call them up. Their number is on the website 478-935-8477. I have called them before and they are easy to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decision posted a news item on its website a while back. Pre-orders directly from Decision were being shipped in June. Shipments to retailers (ie. Thought Hammer) would begin in early-July. I've ordered from Thought Hammer, I missed the pre-order deadline from Decision. I translate that as meaning that Thought Hammer should get their copies in mid-July, and my copy might arrive by the end of July. Or August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-orders from a game company are filled first, then retailer orders are shipped out. And then from the retailer to you.

I saw RAF (along with D-Day at Omaha Beach)at the booth at Origins at list price. Games I really wanted, but with budgetary constraints I just couldn't afford to buy both there.

I decided to order from Cardhaus at their pre-order price. Including shipping, I saved about $40 total over what I would have paid there. The trade off was that instead of having the games in hand, I have to wait until some time later this month.

Oh, and the $40 I saved? That means I'm that much closer to getting The Hell of Stalingrad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sundborg
United States
Carthage
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered directly from Decison Games (I did not pre-ordered) back in mid-JUN and received it in less than 5 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Including shipping, I saved about $40 total over what I would have paid there.

Isn't retail $75? The cheapest I have found is a little under $50 (saving $25). Where did you get it? Or was MSRP more when you were shopping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to my savings on the two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. Misread. Gotcha. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks everyone - I have a little clearer picture now. My only other pre-order experience was Agricola where I pre-ordered in November and got the game in June (totally different circumstances, but it started working on my brain, I think lol).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russ
United States
Marshall
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got our copies tonight. We'll be shipping to our customers on Monday.

As has been mentioned, publishers ship out to their own pre-orders first, then to retailers. The time this takes varies on the publisher and popularity of the game.

Typically, retailers will get copies about 2-3 weeks after the publisher begins shipping to their own individual orders.

Cheers,
Jason
www.wargamedepot.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that Boulder moved it to the top of their front page, but it still says pre-order on the link. But if Wargame Depot got theirs, Boulder shouldn't be far behind. I just went a little mental after ordering-pay me no mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kypros wrote:
We just got our copies tonight. We'll be shipping to our customers on Monday.

As has been mentioned, publishers ship out to their own pre-orders first, then to retailers. The time this takes varies on the publisher and popularity of the game.

Typically, retailers will get copies about 2-3 weeks after the publisher begins shipping to their own individual orders.

Cheers,
Jason
www.wargamedepot.com

Cool stuff, I should have it soon then; thanks Jason for the update!

I'm really looking forward check it out!

While I'm waiting for my order to be delivered to me, is the RAF rulebook available on the somewhere?

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
The last I looked the RAF rule book was not on the Decision Games website (actually, the last time I looked the *game* wasn't and still isn't properly linked on the website. If you look under New for 2009 there is a picture of RAF, but there is no link to the game page. If you drill down and explore you will find a listing for RAF Deluxe on a left-hand list, but not on the right-hand list of board games (go to the site and you'll see what I mean).

Anyway, I called my local store for an update and my copy will be here in Pittsburgh today!

Achtung, Spitfire!

Roger control, we have them....

Tallyho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could never find it from their website, either, I followed the link in the BGG RAF page. Boulder has changed their listing from "Pre-order...coming soon" to "Out of Stock" so that's...good, I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus still has it listed in "pre-order July" status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer apparently has theirs as I received an order shipped email from them today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an e-mail from Boulder and mine has shipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.