Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, pulling out Cave Troll (CT) with the family. 2 teenage sons and the wife.

I unfortunately get to go first and draw my Dwarf and had the "Score a room" card to start...hmm not a good choice.

So my Dwarf, smelling gold, ventures forth in the coming turns.

My youngest son (#2) Draws the typical adventurer as does my other son.

My wife, fitting enough, draws and plays the THIEF. Notice that the thief is a female...hmm, what is the designer trying to say here?

After a quick first scoring round, my sons were in the lead followed by me then my wife. Then the UNHOLY WAR erupted. #2 son plants a chest in a 4 gold room and moves in with his Wraith. #1 son sees this and decides HE wants the room, moving in more of his forces to make the wraith us all of his actions to rid the room of #1's forces.

Then a Cave Troll comes up from the girl's bathroom and destoys #2's entourage of heroes ready to jump into the treasure room. (Thieving wife is quietly occupying the other parts of the board).

After the carnage from the Cave Troll, the fresh blood is picked up by a rampaging ORC!! Leaping from the Pits of Doom! The #2's Orc jumps into #1's room and slaughters his dwarf and adventurer after they found a fine stash of gold coins.

Always wanting to save the day #1's Knight ventures forth into the dungeon and slays the wicked Orc before any other carnage ensues. Wraiths are battling this entire time in the nearby room Treasure Room to obtain dominance. Yes, you guessed it CAVE TROLL from #1 to Crush a Wraith (Dwarf was saved) and an adventurer from #2's forces.

Mother is picking up pennies in the hallway and I'm just trying to muster what I can with my hapless forces.

After a brutal onslaught and a long hiatus between the next to last scoring segment and a final scoring round. The Thieving Wife ends up a 15 point victor 5vp5vp5vp with the rest of us counting our smashed copper pieces... This is the instance where the Wife turns into the CAVE TROLL!!! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.