• [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bad news is it's pushed back to December.

The good news is with everything going on around the holidays, the family is MUCH less likely to notice this coming in the door! Especially since it will be delivered to my work address so that when I bring it in the house I can say "Christmas present, no peeking!"

Hey, they don't need to know it's MY present!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's OK.

This'll give me more time to catch up on all the unplayed Stalingrad and Pacific scenarios.

Then Normandy will show up just in time for Xmas break!

Sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear readers,

Thank you for your support and well wishes and desire to see the game.

While all scenarios have been tested, many have been heavily tested and ready, but some need to be tested again a number of times to give us confidence that we're delivering to you a *thorough and complete* value for your gaming *quatloo*.

We are working on completing this final testing during the next two months and then we can turn over the materials for final artwork creation.

As usual, we'll give you the best updates we can on how the pipeline is working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

Just what do you expect us to do in the meantime? Pick some stuff randomly and set up a scenario? Hey...wait a minute...we CAN do that! laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Ok with me. Gives me a chance to raise the funds to buy CC:Med and still get Normandy as an X-Mas prezy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While all scenarios have been tested,

how do you test?!!! In my experience the scenarios from the base game play out radically differently each time - so much can happen with random events etc...

btw, that's not a negative point in my view - I like the randomness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey...wait a minute...we CAN do that!

robot robot robot

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
how do you test?

There is a methodology to assess a scenario based on the order of battle presented - a slightly more detailed version than the RSG. So - that generally zeroes a scenario.

But it is NOT TRUE that this automatically balances a scenario. If something is broken in terms of order of battle and posture and so on, it will surface very rapidly in test play.

Another major thing that we test for is the impact each SSR has on play - and problems with these surface very rapidly in test play as well.

Experienced CC play testers help very much in the testing effort. We deeply appreciate these contributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
What John said.

(Just keeping up my "valuable contribution" to the online support. laugh )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
valuable contribution

you're the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the hundreds of games I've logged on BGG I have something like 200 more that I played prior to coming to BGG. Because I know the CC system so well and what it is capable of, when I test a new scenario I try to break the Special Rules. I already know the base game holds up well under moderate play and moderate luck -- using the tried-and-true point value system as found in the CC:Med playbook -- so it's the specialties that I'm focused on. If they work and are fairly balanced then the scenario as a whole should be at least somewhat balanced.

I'm not shooting for 50/50 balance before I sign off on any given scenario as I don't think that is possible in a game of this nature, but if I can get them all within a two-thirds/one-third ratio with the majority at 60/40 or 50/50, I'm happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
I'm not shooting for 50/50 balance before I sign off on any given scenario as I don't think that is possible in a game of this nature, but if I can get them all within a two-thirds/one-third ratio with the majority at 60/40 or 50/50, I'm happy.

That's insanely ambitious and I'm a happy owner of this series because of it too. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.