6 Posts

Formula Dé» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Cutting off opponents i corners... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Løvenkjær-Knudtzon
Denmark
flag msg tools
First let me say I am completely new to Formula. Actually I recently bought Formula D so this forum may be the wrong place, but since the rules are so similar I thought I would give it a try here.

Last night I was running a test game to get a feel for the mechanics before playing for real.
A situation arised where a car(A) drove quite fast (purple dice I think) into a corner and made the required one stop on the first space of the corne on the very inside. One of thouse spaces where the arrows only lets you move through corner by staying in the same lane.
Another car(B) went by him on its turn and cut the corner and stopped 3 spaces in front of him in the same lane.
On car A's next turn he was stuck behind car B and had the coice of downshifting 2-3 gears to avoide having to burn all his brakepoints (he would problably not have enough) or downshifting one - and praying for a miracle.
My question is this:
Is this a valid tactic - cutting people off in the corners, forcing them to burn points by downshifting og crazy breaking? or both?

I can't find anything in the rules that forbid it.

When we were playin car A forgot that he couldn't go around in the corner and roled a 12...with only 3 spaces to move.

Thanks,
Christian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cars move in order, from the car in first place to the car in last place.

This keeps your situation from being a problem, as Car B will go before Car A, since it's now in front of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:

This keeps your situation from being a problem, as Car B will go before Car A, since it's now in front of it.

Yes, but blocking (esp in corners) can be an effective tactic in the right situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
TracerBullet wrote:
DarrellKH wrote:

Yes, but blocking (esp in corners) can be an effective tactic in the right situation.

Blocking is most effective with multiple cars lined up side to side in the lane preventing passage. Then crashes happen. Hulks of old cars sitting in the lane backwards, out of the game (sigh.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
Then crashes happen. Hulks of old cars sitting in the lane backwards, out of the game (sigh.)

That sigh as in "aah, good times" or "darn, out again" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
tmredden wrote:
Then crashes happen. Hulks of old cars sitting in the lane backwards, out of the game (sigh.)

That sigh as in "aah, good times" or "darn, out again" ?

No, the sigh regards the poor OTHER players (not ME!) devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.