United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
With my most recent shipment (yay for Dominion Intrigue!), my baby collection (compared to most of you whackos) has reached 125.

It feels significant mostly because it's a number that firmly triggers the deer in the headlights stare from the general population when you open up and unload all of that unabashed awesomeness on them. It's like they're standing at the bottom of Niagra Falls when the water is blocked and then allowed to flow again. Having lived with the collection and seeing it grow...all the daily nurturing, the pruning, the repotting, the fertilizing...I just don't get that appreciation and seemingly religious-experience of hearing something like that. It must be great for them.

Amen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff

I know when new people come into our group other members always make a point of telling them the size of my collection And as you say, people are in disbelief/aghast wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
141 and holding steady!

This past weekend I was over at my neighbors' house for a 4th of July barbecue and it turned out that their nine-year-old son had a copy of Lost Cities. As we started to play I mentioned that I had fifty more games by the same designer. There was an awkward silence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I just went through and marked all of my expansions as owned, for a variety of reasons. It added 140 games to my collection. So my collection of EXPANSIONS is more than most people's entire collections.

I need help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
One third of your collection is Knizia?

Isn't that like . . . stalking?

Not at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at 186 and haven't really bought any new board games in a while. Infact, I should be trimming it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I just went through and marked all of my expansions as owned, for a variety of reasons. It added 140 games to my collection. So my collection of EXPANSIONS is more than most people's entire collections.

I need help.
You have my address. I'll provide a home for the excess so you can feel better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, the OT...

I've been going through and examining my collect. I came to the realization I had more than enough Catan and Carcassone, so some of that will be going. I'm also trading off stuff that's only meh for me and those games I have that I might play if the mood strikes me.

I just wish shipping wasn't so darned expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Gola wrote:
141 and holding steady!

This past weekend I was over at my neighbors' house for a 4th of July barbecue and it turned out that their nine-year-old son had a copy of Lost Cities. As we started to play I mentioned that I had fifty more games by the same designer. There was an awkward silence.

Speaking as somebody with 176 games, 72 of which are by Knizia...that sounds like "normal" to me, not like stalking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Only if you leave the heads of pastel camels in boiling water on his stove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Cool stuff

I know when new people come into our group other members always make a point of telling them the size of my collection And as you say, people are in disbelief/aghast wow

It is not about the size, it is about the quality (that's what my gf says anyway).

I only have 2. Steam (the limited edition) and Twilight Struggle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been cutting way back this year. However, we just placed a small order that will push us over 1000. Now that's scary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Actually I'm kinda surprised it's only a third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just passed 100 recently. It feels kind of strange. Whenever a non-gamer asks me how many games I own, I always try to dodge the question because I suspect the answer would blow their mind. What's funny is that those same people probably wouldn't think twice about someone having a CD or DVD collection numbering in the hundreds (thousands?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Goulart
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP: Congrats!

I am at a loss for words.

I have just acquired my 25th game (still on its way to Brazil) and while there are still many games out there that I want, I can't imagine myself with over, I don't know, 40 games or so.
It seems too much. I'd definitely hesitate when asked how many games I own if I had 40 and my mind sort of went numb when trying to imagine owning over 1000 games. Wow.

Then again, I suppose these types of things just happen. Game libraries grow. Period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
With my most recent shipment (yay for Dominion Intrigue!), my baby collection (compared to most of you whackos) has reached 125.

I wish I'd had the sanity to stop there...its so much easier to add them to the shelf than to take them away again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I live a mile from a friend with well over 2000 in his basement. It brings up the awkward issue of whether I actually need to ever buy any games myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.