Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally INSANE prices! About $13 per game with shipping. 1970s pricing!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb

Buy one of each. Insane deals there. Even if you never end up playing the game, I can see future trade opportunities with those titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
What about ASL? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb

For those prices, I decided to pick up an extra copy of Black Wednesday and Stalingrad Pocket so that I can loan a copy to friends - they can review the games and system rules prior to playing them. Hopefully this will help me get the TCS and SCS games on my table more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools

Wow, the prices are good, but that map would give me a headache. Not to mention the blue and orange units you play with on the blue and orange map. Eesh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up:

In their Quiet Fields II,
Leros (unexpected addition...but a whole engagement on a confined island sounded too interesting),
Yom Kippur.

It was a tough choice between the Antietam battle or the Shiloh battle. I still don't know if I made the better choice. Almost picked up Stalingrad Pocket also.

Henry R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My recommendations? For $10 per? BUY THEM ALL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I hadn't already spent $500 on a game collection this week, I'd have been tempted to pick up a few of these. As it is, my credit card is still smoking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalingrad Pocket is probably the gem of the bunch, but the earlier posts are right, for under $13 each including shipping it's probably worth buying all of them. Plus, you get a free copy of Circus Minimus to boot.

Shipping makes a sizeable jump (roughly $11 more) at over 5 games. I picked up the three Civil War games, two copies of Stalingrad Pocket, plus the free copy of Circus Minimus for $65.25 or $10.88 / game.

If you are getting them all, you might come out better breaking it into multiple purchases, thereby getting extra copies of CM. Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:

Buy one of each. Insane deals there. Even if you never end up playing the game, I can see future trade opportunities with those titles.

Oh yeah. Just wait until they list them as out of stock, and they will easily go for over $100...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered all of them.

CWBS and TCS will be new to me. And I have only limited experience with SCS.

Figure I'll hopefully actually keep/play half of them and the rest will be trade fodder once I decide which ones are which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for bringing this to my attention i love cheap games

skinsfan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J

Mt Crawford
Virginia
msg tools
Maybe now there will be all these people knocking at my door to play their new copy of Circus Minimus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nolan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn you all (and MMP) for pointing this out today! Two more (Leros and Stalingrad) added to the collection. Reasonable shipping to Canada as well.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up:

In their Quiet Fields II,
Leros (unexpected addition...but a whole engagement on a confined island sounded too interesting),
Yom Kippur.

It was a tough choice between the Antietam battle or the Shiloh battle. I still don't know if I made the better choice. Almost picked up Stalingrad Pocket also.

Henry R.

I think you made the right choice. My friends and I play MMP/gamers games alot, and two of my friends were playing Shiloh. They ended up not finishing it - moving all those troops through the woods was just too aggravating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badinfo wrote:

Wow, the prices are good, but that map would give me a headache. Not to mention the blue and orange units you play with on the blue and orange map. Eesh.

To be fair, the picture colors are skewed. The blues on the map are really greens, and those oranges aren't really that orange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
delp1871 wrote:
badinfo wrote:

To be fair, the picture colors are skewed. The blues on the map are really greens, and those oranges aren't really that orange.

In 'person' it is a fine looking map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd agree SPII is the best of the bunch.

I don't currently own any of the others, but was able to resist buying any of them (It wasn't that hard; I've owned and sold at least four of them) CWB is really something of an acquired taste, some people love it, personally I found it insanely tedious. Champion Hill is small though, probably the most playable CWB game. I had similar feelings about TCS. Black Wednesday is freaking huge; I don't remember there being anything playable in the box. Leros is probably the best TCS game I've played, but TCS as a system has some of the same problems as CWB from my point of view, the pacing can be very slow so you can end up resolving firefights where not a lot is happening for quite some time. You'll need to get the most recent rev of the TCS rules. The system has fans, but after slogging through a campaign of Leros which degenerated into silly suicidal attacks because people just got sick of playing the game forever with so little happening, I liquidated by TCS collection.

The only one that tempted me was Yom Kippur, but my one play of it a few years back wasn't that satisfactory and at $20 shipped, it wasn't that cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Any recommendations out of the bunch?

I find both SCS titles interesting and fun. Both are worth trying for 10 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered 3 of them!

In their Quiet Fields II
Stalingrad Pocket II
Yom Kippur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping to this part of the world is expensive. Doubled the cost of the games, but I think it is worth it. Including an earlier order, I got 10(!) MMP games within a month!.

The economy is going to the dogs. I should resist these deals...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delp1871 wrote:
badinfo wrote:

I don't know, I used to have April's Harvest and that map was as orange as the surface of Mars. cool

Too bad I already have all the ones of these that I want...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.