Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaak
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have a copy Intrigue on hold at my FLGS to buy today, but I'm a little hesitant. As much as I want to play right away (very very much), I really liked the second printing of Dominion more than the first. The second printing had a strip down the center alphabetizing the cards, but more irreplaceable, the cards itself were lighter and more colorful. Any opinions on just going for Intrigue as-is or waiting for potential improvements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the strip for organising the cards is present in the Intruige box.

As for colour I really can't say.

I am glad to have bought it and it has been played several times already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd expect that the things they did to make the second printing of Dominion better were also done for Intrigue...

I guess I'll find out when I get home from work. The Canada Post site tells me that my order containing this and RftG:RvI is "out for delivery".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Experience has shown me that if you always put something off because you believe it'll be better in the future... then you'll never get it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get it and enjoy it now, because someday far in the future you might regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaak
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I did find the 2nd printing of Dominion worth waiting for, so I guess I was investigating if folks had any sense of a similar change for Intrigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to buy mine today so I can play it today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The changes we made for the second printing of Dominion, were incorporated in Intrigue.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:
The changes we made for the second printing of Dominion, were incorporated in Intrigue.

Jay

Does this mean that there will be noticeable differences for those of us with the original printing of Dominion?

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
riogames wrote:

Jay

Does this mean that there will be noticeable differences for those of us with the original printing of Dominion?

ninja

Well, there were some clarifications made to the rules.
You can download the updated ruleset from the RGG website.

However, the changes were only clarifications. No changes were made to the underlying rules.

Thanks
Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Germany, they did 4 (!!!) editions in about a year. This really annoys me. I think I will wait till the 8th edition

Ok, to be honest, I won't buy it at all yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
CovertDad wrote:
riogames wrote:

Jay

ninja

However, the changes were only clarifications. No changes were made to the underlying rules.

Thanks
Dale

Actually, I was more worried about printing differences.

If, as a lot of people have said, the pictures are lighter/punched up/whatever, what about the card backs? If I shuffle an Intrigue card into a deck of First Edition base cards, am I going to be able to spot it?

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
yudp wrote:
CovertDad wrote:
riogames wrote:

Jay

ninja

Thanks
Dale

If, as a lot of people have said, the pictures are lighter/punched up/whatever, what about the card backs? If I shuffle an Intrigue card into a deck of First Edition base cards, am I going to be able to spot it?

ninja

I've mixed a 2nd edition base set with a 1st to play with 6 players, and it's not at all noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second printing of Intrigue will have ice cream in every box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
CovertDad wrote:

No. I just compared cards in my set, and I can't see any differences in the backs of the cards. The differences between the fronts are only slightly noticable, and that's only if you know what to look for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it won't be popular enough to justify a second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:

Jay

So Jay, the real question is how long before we see editions with the SdJ award printed onto the original Dominion cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HauRuck wrote:
Given a release schedule of about one expansion a year, that would put availability of the Big Box version somewhere near the summer of 2014.

Dominion - October 2008
Dominion: Intrigue - June 2009
Dominion: Seaside - October 2009

One expansion a year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
In Germany, they did 4 (!!!) editions in about a year. This really annoys me. I think I will wait till the 8th edition

You are right, but then you are wrong.
There are 4 (actually 5 IIRC) German editions. However, what changed?

1. has old cover and 1 misprinted card (must instead of may on the 'Kanzler' IIRC).
2. same as 1, but with the improved insert.
3. same as 2, but different box art
4. same as 3, but with the fixed card and with slightly brighter card fronts
5. same as 4, but with the Envoy promo in the box.

So what did the buyers of the 1st edition really loose? A box that is slightly worse and probably won't be used anyhow in the long turn and 1 card out of 25 that needs an errata (you can get Envoy really easily). If you compare that to the average game, that is nothing.
Maybe they made the mistake of calling it different Editions and therefore making people believe there are serious differences, where there aren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:
riogames wrote:

Jay

So Jay, the real question is how long before we see editions with the SdJ award printed onto the original Dominion cover?

The cards are already done and they will be assembling the games with the SdJ logo next week, so they will be in the US in August.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wait a year for 2nd printing if they changed Harem and Shanty Town artwork. I doubt that will happen though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
I'd wait a year for 2nd printing if they changed Harem and Shanty Town artwork. I doubt that will happen though.

BAH. I love his artwork and was glad to see it in the game.

I love that the cards are done by different artists again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the harem artwork also. Sorry to see it slagged on so much in these forums, especially when it's one of my favorite artwork pieces in the whole set. Not sure I'd want a whole set in cartoony style, but it works great for harem. (actually, if that style artwork was on all half-victory split cards but only those cards, it'd be ideal.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.