Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tale of woe. My regular gaming group has a member who doesn't like Miniature gaming, and there's no issue with that. The problem is I love Miniature gaming and have a fairly decent collection.

So, I've tried to find a regular place to get my fix and so far it's been a bust. Either they are heavy Warhammer, historical wargamers or well in the last case it seems the store has closed.

Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Warhammer players (I love looking at the paint jobs in Game's workshop stores) or the historical wargamers, it's just not really my thing.

I'm looking to play things like Heroscape, Robogear, Monsterpocalypse, Silent Death, Dreamblade, Ogre or even a little small scale BattleTech.

I know there's people buying stuff here in the city (Monsterpocalypse for instance sold out when it was released), and there has to be people playing something. What options are out there? I've been to Red Claw, checked out the "War Room" (expensive AFAIK) and well Gamer's Lair looks like it's got a fork in it. Is there interest in forming a Guild here on the geek and arranging something? Is there a hidden gem somewhere in the city I don't know about?

Maybe I'm just frustrated and I need my fix...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm pretty sure Gamers' Lair has legs, just relocated with new ownership. I'd be interested in some occasional heroscape, I just can't commit to anything weekly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that's good to hear. Where did they go to? The website is still in "Admin mode" and I haven't been up near the store to see if there's a notice of the location... I also tried phoning the store last week, but it went to a FAX machine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pasula
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
quadraphonic wrote:
I'm pretty sure Gamers' Lair has legs, just relocated with new ownership. I'd be interested in some occasional heroscape, I just can't commit to anything weekly.

Gamers Lair has shut down... not sure of all the details, but it's closed now.

I play WoW Mini's weekly at the Millwoods Wizards, and I think some people play the SWM at the St. Albert store.

If you're interested in the WoW Mini's, check out:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132291820323

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shoot.. I'm sorry, I confused Gamer's Lair with Adventurer's Guild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I drove by today and "For Lease" signs are up in the windows. There's still a bunch of stock inside which would seem to indicate they defaulted on the lease and were locked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.