Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Wallace ends his turn in an area with another noble with a castle rating of 1 our assumption during wintering is this:

1. Wallace may appear in Selkirk and bump himself 2 steps.

~or~

2. He may disband to the draw pool.

We can't find anywhere in the rules where the second option is specifically stated though there is a reference to him being in the draw pool I think.

Finally,

Do these rules also apply to the king (substituting Fife w/ no health bump for Selkirk)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmkraehe wrote:
2. He may disband to the draw pool.

We can't find anywhere in the rules where the second option is specifically stated though there is a reference to him being in the draw pool I think.

Do these rules also apply to the king (substituting Fife w/ no health bump for Selkirk)?

It might depend on which rules version you have. In the version 2.3 rules it's covered in a somewhat roundabout fashion. For example, rule 5.8 states:

Quote:
5.8 ELIMINATED BLOCKS
EXCEPTION: When eliminated in Battle, blocks with a black cross (see sidebar) are permanently eliminated. All blocks eliminated as a consequence of the Pillage Card, Border Raids, or Winter Attrition are disbanded to the Draw Pool.

Then in 7.5 you have:

Quote:
7.5 SCOTTISH DISBANDING
The Scots player now disbands all blocks that exceed an area’s Castle Limit. The Scots player may choose which block(s) to disband. With the exception of Moray, a Noble cannot disband.

All blocks exceeding the limit disband, Nobles cannot disband, Wallace isn't a Noble, thus he disbands. I think the combination of these two covers both the Wallace and Scottish King situations you mentioned.

An April 2007 thread on the Columbia forum also addresses this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
..April 2007 thread on the Columbia forum[/url] also addresses this topic.

Thumbs up because I never noticed Columbia has a forum and I don’t have the intestinal fortitude to go to Consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.