Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received some replacement ships from Spartan Games today and noticed a big difference in the resin.

The color is the obvious difference but the pieces feel different and stronger. They do not feel anywhere near as fragile as the gray pieces do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they just moved facilities and halted (or paused...or something) production, so I'm guessing these are the new ships? I mean newer in make not "new" as unseen. Are they the same size still (I'm sure it's just the perspective of the shot & without my glasses - having just sent them through the washing machine - I can't tell very well )

I saw these mini's for the first time with my own eyes this week and was blown away! I had NO idea how beautiful, but more how BIG & IMPRESSIVE they are. The photos don't do justice at all.

Now having seen them, they are the top of my list.

Thanks for the pic's!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the pics do make the new ones look smaller. They aren't. Exact same size. Stronger resin too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a former minature producers arrrh, I can confirm that there is a lot of difference in resin quality.

Some is very fragile and stinks (literally: it reeks! gulp). That is the cheaper stuff. Good resin is a lot more durable. It will only break if it has tiny bits or if you really try to smash it.devil

The difference in color is not necessarily an indication though. You can have any resin have any color you want. surprise

Another important aspect is what machinery they use to draw the airbubles out. If your machine isn't powerfull/fast enough...te bubbles will leave internal traces in the model. These are weak spots where a model can easily break.

A third factor is moulding. Your moulding material should be adjusted to the Resin that you use. This affects quality but also price, as moulding material is expensive and you can only have a certian number of casts from a mould.

Hope this explains some of the Resin-related issues.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.