EVE: Conquests» Forums » General

Subject: Gameplay Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Harper
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Ok I've gotten the basics down (I understand the turns and how they work in general, the setup too) but I can't seem to understand how exactly the game flows together, especially outposts and resources, along with upgrades and such, someone please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, I don't mean to be sarcastic when I tell you this. If you've read the rules, and feel you understand them, then you essentially have the same grip on the flow of the game as pretty much everyone else has had, in their first game. (Assuming, of course, that they weren't able to watch it being played by someone else, first.)

If you haven't already, I suggest you read the reviews and session reports found on the game's page. This might help you in getting a better overview into what's going on.

But the best insight is usually found in the school of hard knocks - just muddling your way through those first few games, and having "Ah, hah!" moments.

IMO, that's the best part of having a new game. I'd rather not know what everyone else has already learned. I like surprises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nowen Brian Fernandez
Canada
flag msg tools
After set-up...check the calendar

Is it your turn?
1. Check for # of Actions. Discard card of that seal to gain more Actions.
2. Build Outposts and Gain Resources anytime during your turn.
3. Resolve your turn .
4. Upgrade/Downgrade your Seal's schedule.
5. Advance your Seal.

(Check out the Player Aid in the Files section for more)

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Harper
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
How many resources can you claim per turn? and can you claim them on any turn? Also how do you "Upgrade" your seal's schedule? I've looked in that download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Harper
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Also how do you know how many months it takes to complete a given task?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Evensen
India
Chennai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimlu wrote:
How many resources can you claim per turn? and can you claim them on any turn? Also how do you "Upgrade" your seal's schedule? I've looked in that download.

You claim as many resources as you built new outposts. You can build new outposts during any turn when you meet the requirements (control the sector and control or have an agent in every connected sector). As soon as you build an output, claim the resource and put it in your reserves. It is important to remember to place them into your reserves because you cannot upgrade a seal until the end of that turn and you are about to move the seal on the calendar.

You "upgrade" your seal when you have finished that seals turn. Before you move the seal on the calendar, you move a resource of the appropriate type (color) from your reserves to the circle that says "II" or "III" in the left column of the turn box, which ever is next. You have to put a resource on II before you can put one on III. You can move two resources, if you have them, to upgrade from level I (which is available by default and requires no resource) to III if you have 2 available resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Evensen
India
Chennai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimlu wrote:
Also how do you know how many months it takes to complete a given task?

You look at the rightmost column in the topmost line that contains a resource in the left column. That tells you how many months to move the seal.

For example, if you just finished your Development turn and have no resources (so you're at the default level of I), it will require 2 months to prepare for your next development turn of 1 unit. If you upgrade to level II (i.e., have a resource on II in the left column), you would move the seal out 4 months and then on that turn you would have 3 units.

One way to think of it is the right most column is the number of months it takes to repair for the next turn and the middle column is the number of units that will be prepared and available for deployment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Harper
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
So 1 resource of that type for each type of outpost you build

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Evensen
India
Chennai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimlu wrote:
So 1 resource of that type for each type of outpost you build

That is correct. You only collect a resource when you build the outpost. If an outpost is ever destroyed, you lose a resource of that type from your reserve. If you have none in your reserve, the player who destroyed the outpost chooses which resource you lose (from a card or from the tech upgrades).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.