Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for feedback in both categories. 2 OR 3 players. Good theme.

LIGHT:
Aquädukt
Shanghaien
Tomahawk

MEDIUM WEIGHT (1 hour playing time)
Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery OR Endeavor?
Il Principe
Jambo
La Città
The Princes of Florence (French version with 2-3 player expansions found on BGG)
Notre Dame
Vikings

Any thoughts?

Provence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo is 2P only (not 3) and rarely takes an hour. Good game, but given 2P & medium(ish) weight, I'd rather play San Juan, Mr. Jack, Stone Age, Kupferkessel, or Von Kap bis Kairo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whistler
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Knob Creek Manhattan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notre Dame is a great game that plays well with 2-5 players. You should definitely get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquadukt has no hidden information, so is easier to teach, and it has nice components (glass stones, wooden canals). The houses have symbols as well as color, so it's color-blind friendly.

I like Jambo, but as was said, it's strictly 2p. It's a card game that plays like a board game, has nice artwork and decent bits. It has some take-that cards that we ignore (you don't play all of your cards anyway), so you'd have to have matching play styles or an agreement to play take-that or not.

Princes of Florence is a great game, but the auction is blah with 2. It shines with higher numbers. If you want to build a city on a grid with 2 or 3 players, look at Arkadia. If you want an auction, look at Before the Wind or Phoenicia.

I haven't played any others from your list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Notre Dame and Vikings with both 2 and 3P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shanghaien is also 2p only. Theme is exactly the same as Corsari -- recruiting a ship's crew. Very fun game, but I wouldn't call it thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.