BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Middle Class Game, anybody heard of it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Hicks
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Picked this game up on my thrift store run today. Everything is complete, except for a rulebook.

Searched google, wikipedia, ebay, and bgg(of course)

The only thing I could find was this reference to it being purchased at the Sid Sackson auction: http://boardgames.about.com/library/weekly/bl-sackson77.htm

the box says a Klinemates game. Neither google, wiki, or here mentions the company.

Anybody here know absolutely anything about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Contact this fellow about it, since that appears to 'be' his photo:
Erik Arneson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

'click' upon the little "envelope" icon, and good luck on that also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of that game. I have not really looked at it much, but I'm pretty sure I have the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David LeftOn4ya
United States
Florence
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game. It was great fun as a 12-15 old with boys in the neighborhood as it was a 70s crass version of LIFE. The game is useless without the rulebook, as it gives different scenarios for every spot on the board. About 1/2 though the game it asked if you wanted to "sell out" your normal middle class job for a risky/shady one (i.e. Politics, organized crime, stockbroker, welfare) and after playing a bunch and looking though the player book at all the possibilities you realized:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you didn't sell out you would loose all your money on the last spot of the board, where as selling out was the only way to try to win. It was therefore only fun with new people in the mix trying to convince them not to sell out while you did.

When I get a chance to take pictures maybe I'll find a way to make a BBG page of it.

Here is a newspaper article interviewing the game makers and here is an Amazon listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll and move for 65 years but never get anywhere?

Pete (thinks that would fit the theme)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.