Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Bronkowski
Poland
Krakow
Malopolska
flag msg tools
mb
Hi we were playing "Caverns of Thull" yesterday and a question came up regarding XP?coin gain on 3rd dungeon level and in Legendary area itself. I checked the FAQ and the only connected thing I found was this:
Descent FAQ p.12 wrote:

Q: Ina a dungeon with more than 3 levels, do heroes still recive bonus XP and treasure on the third dungeon level?
A: The bonus XP and treasure should be conferred on the last dungeon level, which is not necessarily the 3rd dungeon level in all cases.

So based on that heroes should recive only 2XP and 100 coins for the third level. Now in the 1st legendary area the gemstone dragon can be killed 3 times and the quest description states he is worth 2XP for each time he is killed. Now FAQ states "The bonus XP and treasure should be conferred on the last dungeon level" but since it's a legendary are and it's always the final level and yet the quest description states they gain only 2XP for killing the boss I guess this is it, so no bonus for the heroes, right? So in other words In legendary areas first 3 levels give you 2XP/100coins and the legendary area itself gives you exactly what is written in quest book, am I correct? That would also mean no coins for slaying the dragon (execpt the 1000 coins from gemstone cache of course )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got that case last week, and we ruled like this :

Since this level is always the last of a dungeon, the '2XP for the dragon' written on that dungeon overrule the normal rule.

Meaning that if the Heroes kills ot only once they got 2XP
(But if they killed it thrice, they got 6xp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.