Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this site! Nothing better than having a laugh early in the morning! There is one individual who helps answer and asks questions, he does however tend to go straight for the jugular, even if the responder is the game's publisher! No names no pack drill but I think you know who you are! Don't change though, as I said, it makes me laugh

On to my question:
I am new to this game, have played the simple game twice (still learning with my wife), and I'm pretty sure I've now interpreted the answer but no harm in confirmation.
My wife had an Age A leader in hand, she then wanted to pick up and play Michelangelo and ignore the Age A leader.
In the game we decided that she could discard the Age A leader because the rules say that a leader from a different age replaces an existing leader in play.
Having read some of the rules questions here, she should have used a civil action to play the Age A leader (to get it in play) and then use another civil action to play the Age I leader, in order to clear her hand of a card no longer required. In more simple terms, if you don't play a leader from hand, it has to stay in hand.
Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it has to stay in hand, but could eventually be discarded at the beginnging of a new age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
brauerle wrote:
Yes, it has to stay in hand, but could eventually be discarded at the beginnging of a new age.

Yep, when playing the full game that is.

It's quite easy to see where you went wrong. It says, "in play". The Age A leader isn't in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought if you have a leader in your hand, you may not take another leader into your hand. Same with a particular technology or building type, i.e., you can't hoard Justice cards or Organized Religion cards. Is this not correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may not take the very same card twice, but all leaders are unique, so they are not the same and you may take an age 1 leader even if you have one from age A in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Separate question, but can you take the same named yellow card, or is that also prohibitted? What if they are of different ages (ie Age A andAge I Engineering Genius)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barry
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
I thought if you have a leader in your hand, you may not take another leader into your hand. Same with a particular technology or building type, i.e., you can't hoard Justice cards or Organized Religion cards. Is this not correct?

Yes and no.

For leaders, the restriction is that once you have taken any leader, you may not take another leader of the same age. Doesn't matter if you have leader cards in your hand or played.

For technology cards, there is a different restriction, in that you cannot take more than one of any specific technology (e.g. you can't take two Iron cards).

Furthermore, there is a general restriction that you can't take any cards from the card row into your hand, if your hand is already full (same number of cards as how many civil actions you have).

Lastly, there is a restriction on taking wonders - you can't take one if you still have a wonder under construction. (However, the hand limit restriction does not apply if you ARE able to take a wonder - wonders go directly from the card row into "under construction" state.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GazPAge wrote:
Separate question, but can you take the same named yellow card, or is that also prohibitted? What if they are of different ages (ie Age A andAge I Engineering Genius)?

Thanks

There is no restriction on taking yellow action cards, other than that you cannot exceed your hand limit and you can't use action cards the same turn that you draw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.