Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is funny to do this. In fact, I would probably do it even when playing as the Americans, just so I can put the pope in space. Last time as the Russians, I space raced the Pope twice. I think he did a moonwalk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fidel Castro is another suprise astronaut. Some others would be funny but are not that common- sending the Iron Lady into space is not a common move even though her handbag could probably batter any aliens out there to death.

If containment was in play the USA could space race Lone Gunman- Lee Harvey Oswald takes a trip in Earth Orbit. It would be a pretty stupid move though.

The Soviets often dump excess Grain into space...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:

If containment was in play the USA could space race Lone Gunman- Lee Harvey Oswald takes a trip in Earth Orbit.

do you think he could get a shot off from up there? he'd probably still get the blame.

- IT WAS OSWALD!
- but i was in space?
- TOUGH SHIT

Quote:
sending the Iron Lady into space

if only someone had had the good sense to do this in the late 70s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gong Lu Cheng
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a fairy tale in my culture, featured by a guilty man and a young woman being expelled to the moon together, never to return...

In the TS case, I think they have to be Yuri and Samantha: a guilty and a young. Once being spaced by the US president, they never come back to the deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Erler
msg tools
Odd you bring this up, playing the game with a new player, using the pope to launch the USSR's first man into orbit, and the US player using Castro to do the same, made for a very funny image of the two passing in their respected space craft waving to eachother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.