Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Extremely unlucky -- mising an ENTIRE DECK of cards in my brand new Dominion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Manahan
Philippines
Antipolo
Rizal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

I just got Dominion the other week, after playing for months now with my friend's copy. After waiting a few days before opening it (work got in the way), I was able to set aside time to go through the box and sort the cards. As I was sorting them, I didn't realize that... the game was missing an ENTIRE DECK of cards. I checked the left-over card wraps, I only got four. I turned my room upside down, in case I somehow dropped the unopened deck somewhere... no luck.

After waiting for months to get my copy, after drooling over owning this game after many many plays with my gaming group (using my friend's copy), after getting this shipped, paying for shipping, paying for customs duties... this happens.

And to top it all off, I live outside the US/Europe. I'm going to have to wait a looooooong time for RGG or god knows who to send me the missing deck. And by long, I mean at least a month. Maybe two or three. It's not like I can get the replacement by tomorrow, or by next weekend. They might even ask me to pay for shipping.

And you know what? The customs office here might even hold my replacement deck hostage, and ask me to pay some ridiculous XX% customs tax on it.

I know I'm ranting. But I'm sure this only happens to 0.01% of Dominion game owners. I'm just frustrated it had to be me.

FYI the missing deck should contain - 48 copper cards, 10 Throne Rooms, 10 Villages, 10 Witches, 10 Woodcutters, and 10 Workshops.

Can anyone tell me who I can email DIRECTLY at RGG to help me with my problem? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Birch
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use the contact info on Rio Grands website. The one time i've had to use it i was contacted with in a day by Jay(the guy who runs Rio Grande) himself. Hope that is helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, dude. That sucks.

Jay at Rio Grande is typically pretty helpful in replacing lost/missing components. Downside is, sometimes he's out of the office for X days or weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the upside, you CAN still play the game while you wait. Just use Curses as Coppers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my polish version last friday and I miss 12 (twelve!!!) decks, whereas I've got 11 spare decks (printed two times). I was asked to send the whole game back and the publisher would send me proper version, but I was waiting so impatiently for this game and I'm sooooo disapointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.