Popular Tags: [View All]
steven colby
United States
mount laurel
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game when it was demoed...a good dozen games...I love the concept but feel there was something lacking. I felt the negative for guessing wrong was not that bad...It did not really punish those that just guessed randomly...

So my family has instituted a new rule....the player that makes a wrong accusation loses one treasure at random....

This makes it more fun and actually makes people try to deduce who is who, instead of randomly guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the other team win if you guess wrong? If you are guessing randomly, you are way more likely to be wrong than you are to be right. You at least want to narrow it down a bit so you have at least 50/50 shot at being right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCheese wrote:
I played this game when it was demoed...a good dozen games...I love the concept but feel there was something lacking. I felt the negative for guessing wrong was not that bad...It did not really punish those that just guessed randomly...

So my family has instituted a new rule....the player that makes a wrong accusation loses one treasure at random....

This makes it more fun and actually makes people try to deduce who is who, instead of randomly guess.

I came to the exact same conclusion. A false accusation should mean that the incorrect gesser loses a card. Otherwise, the keyholder and traitor have a 50% chance of signalling the correct wizard.

You may want to start everyone with a 3 treasure card to begin with so that everyone has something to lose from the start and make the new goal 12 points.

Also, to stop someone from rapid fire guessing, adopt the rule that you can't shout stop if you are reduced to zero cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought the game, and haven't gotten round to playing it yet,

I have some friends who could really get into this game (they also like Werewolf) but some others who aren't really into this kind of game. And I figured they would just shout "stop" immediately, figuring the odds of pointing tot the correct wizard wouldn't be improved by negotiation.

Adding the rule about losing items fixes this, by penalizing them personally. (Or at least, I expect it will encourage to be a little more sure, or wait for somebody else to take a chance.)

So, thank you for posting this variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.