Popular Tags: [View All]
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Of my vast list of things to buy, I was deciding what to purchase and what not to (why can't I just buy everything?). In this particular case, a $35 Small World vs. $15 San Juan and $16 Lost Cities. This got me to thinking...

(Rounded, which may or may not be down or up)
Poll
What's the typical sweet-spot for gaming price? For the sake of argument, we're going with the price you've paid, which may or may not be the MSRP, and the base game only (if it needs an expansion...that's another thread entirely).
  5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 80 90 100 (Turfmaster FTW!) 200 (CCG territory...)
By hours/times it comes out (always comes out, people seem to enjoy it)...
By overall fun factor (I love TI:3, but when do I get a weekend to play it?)...
By whatever criteria you would like to use...
      35 answers
Poll created by bippi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain you can delete your own post, can't you? Or are polls weird that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cferejohn wrote:
I'm fairly certain you can delete your own post, can't you? Or are polls weird that way?

Nope, I was just being silly and thinking this board was a different board I hang-out on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The games I am most interested in will all cost me around $80 each. It is likely that I'll play each of them probably no more than a dozen times, perhaps less. Only one or maybe two may get the sort of long-term concentrated play-patterns I prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Kameoka
United States
San Gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mb
Well 100 is about the max I would pay for a game. The break even point is when I have to buy a 2nd copy because I wore out the first copy of the game.

That would be a very successful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming these are meant to be in USD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont want to spoil the manufacturers profits - not so huge anyway - but I recently bought some games in the 1-3 euro range (1-5 usd) on ebay. Used but in good condition and complete. And it works... Um Reifenbreite, Adel verpflichtet, Heimlich & Co., Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
I dont want to spoil the manufacturers profits - not so huge anyway - but I recently bought some games in the 1-3 euro range (1-5 usd) on ebay. Used but in good condition and complete. And it works... Um Reifenbreite, Adel verpflichtet, Heimlich & Co., Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective...

Congratulations.

I marked all categories 25, which is about what Rio Grande's $35-$45 games cost at boardsandbits.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
the majestic moose wrote:

I marked all categories 25, which is about what Rio Grande's $35-$45 games cost at boardsandbits.com.

I realize this is kind of a silly poll, but it seriously answers a philosophy of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:

I realize this is kind of a silly poll, but it seriously answers a philosophy of mine.

I wasn't saying it was silly. That's my real answer--that's the approximate price point of many of my favorite games. I got Amun-Re, Goa, Puerto Rico, Taj Mahal, Power Grid, Tikal, Traders of Genoa, Hansa, Notre Dame, and Year of the Dragon at around that price. Also Alhambra, Dominion, Pandemic, and Samurai. Race for the Galaxy was a little cheaper. So were Settlers of Catan, Princes of Florence, and three tubes of Icehouse pieces, but that's only because I got some irreproducibly sweet deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bippi wrote:

I wasn't saying it was silly. That's my real answer--that's the approximate price point of many of my favorite games. I got Amun-Re, Goa, Puerto Rico, Taj Mahal, Power Grid, Tikal, Traders of Genoa, Hansa, Notre Dame, and Year of the Dragon at around that price. Also Alhambra, Dominion, Pandemic, and Samurai. Race for the Galaxy was a little cheaper. So were Settlers of Catan, Princes of Florence, and three tubes of Icehouse pieces, but that's only because I got some irreproducibly sweet deals.

Oh, sorry. That came out AT you rather than with you...or I worded it wrong. my bad. I totally didn't think you were saying it was silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
Oh, sorry. That came out AT you rather than with you...or I worded it wrong. my bad. I totally didn't think you were saying it was silly.

No problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.