Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So upset was I at the new rules changes that I was forced to post an open letter to Wizards of the Coast on my website:

http://www.isleyunruh.com/?p=1243

I can only hope that reparations will be made for my massive (and currently devalued) collection of Armor Thrulls.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, ok?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The King of Cool
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that this is a joke.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Suavio wrote:
I really hope that this is a joke.


Those are my feelings too. Though since we are no where near April Fool's day I can only assume that Wizards actually means to go through with these rule changes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Humor ... it is a difficult concept ...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, apparently: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1215663
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymachus wrote:
John Suavio wrote:
I really hope that this is a joke.


Those are my feelings too. Though since we are no where near April Fool's day I can only assume that Wizards actually means to go through with these rule changes.


Roflcopter( i was told that that was a Magic card ) for 2000 of your Armour Thrulls.

Nice comeback
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite line: "The mana burn change was bad enough, this combat damage change is truly the Fremen that broke the Sandworm’s invertebral back!"

I might have been tempted to go with a family atomics/shield wall reference there, but that just goes to show why you have a website and I don't.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! It's funny because it's true, and then it hurts because it's funny.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, the guys over on that Wizards of the Coast thread (link above) are finally getting it through their heads that the post was meant to be a joke
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How does this not have more thumbs? How did folk misinterpret this?

From the first paragraph, you start off with such absurdity that it should have been clear...

I liked the paragraph about the thrull deck and conceding before shuffling had ended.

A brilliant piece of parody/satire.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lareau
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezman wrote:
How does this not have more thumbs? How did folk misinterpret this?


They must be secretly building an army of thalids to take down the mighty armor thrulls. Mwuhahahahaha
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic players don't have a sense of humor. This should surprise no one that many believed this to be "for reals."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

That is absolutely hilarious. I like your philosophy about mulligans and the stuff about the neighbour kid who can't beat you is top notch. The 4007 thrulls is priceless.

I was also quite amused by the following response on one of the Magic forums.

Quote:
I was not so amused. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed like your argument didn't amount to much besides, "I play a lot of casual games with house rules, but I'm going to complain about the rule changes anyways."

I was wondering if you were a player who was around for the introduction of damage on the stack, and then I got to the point of your article where you mentioned how your Armor Thrull exploded in value because of its new "combat trick". So under the new rules, your Armor Thrull functions as it was originally intended. [sar]How sad[/casm].

By the way, burning yourself to death with spare mana doesn't translate to "not technically losing to an opponent"- it means you're a sore loser.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cvandyk wrote:

That is absolutely hilarious. I like your philosophy about mulligans and the stuff about the neighbour kid who can't beat you is top notch. The 4007 thrulls is priceless.

I was also quite amused by the following response on one of the Magic forums.

Quote:
I was not so amused. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed like your argument didn't amount to much besides, "I play a lot of casual games with house rules, but I'm going to complain about the rule changes anyways."

I was wondering if you were a player who was around for the introduction of damage on the stack, and then I got to the point of your article where you mentioned how your Armor Thrull exploded in value because of its new "combat trick". So under the new rules, your Armor Thrull functions as it was originally intended. [sar]How sad[/casm].

By the way, burning yourself to death with spare mana doesn't translate to "not technically losing to an opponent"- it means you're a sore loser.



Hehe...unless that guy was reverse trolling me!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite part was definitely "...the most brutally powerful set ever released, Fallen Empires."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, boy I hated Fallen Empires...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymachus wrote:
Heh, boy I hated Fallen Empires...


Hey Thallids were cool! And, uh...

Er...

OH, Goblin Grenade is awesome.

And let's not forget that overpowered Hymn to Tourach! All together that's almost THREE PERCENT NON-AWFUL cards! Credit where credit is due man.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Twinge wrote:
thrasymachus wrote:
Heh, boy I hated Fallen Empires...


Hey Thallids were cool! And, uh...

Er...

OH, Goblin Grenade is awesome.

And let's not forget that overpowered Hymn to Tourach! All together that's almost THREE PERCENT NON-AWFUL cards! Credit where credit is due man.


Don't forget Order of Leitbur, Order of the Ebon Hand and High Tide, those were tournament staples at one time. And Aeolipile and Orgg are quite ok too. FE wasn't that bad, just overprinted. Homelands on the other hand, that's probably the worst set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Blanchet
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Homeland had absolutely horrible rares, but some of the commons were great.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I remember when I first started playing I got suckered into buying a lot of assorted "random" rares...they ended up being mostly homelands stuff...and I've held a grudge against that set ever since
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually sort of like Fallen Empires to be honest.


Really, this thread needs more hating on 2010. Like, there's 2 cards that costs 3UU for a 4/4 Flying, but one of them has no ability and one of them has a good ability? Lame!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new rant up about the D&D rule changes fyi:

http://www.isleyunruh.com/?p=1709
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.