Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I participated in a math trade a few months ago and Mr. X was supposed to send me something waiting over two months to ship, with basically no communication in the mean time.

Naturally, I gave Mr. X negative feedback. I went to take a look at his feedback page and I saw that he has a pattern of doing this.... but everyone else who was on the receiving end gave him a "neutral."

Was I too harsh?

Were they too easy on him?

I would never trade with him again, so I felt negative feedback was the best way to express that to others who might look at his feedback page. I am interested in what people here think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your assessment that negative feedback was deserved with no communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the most important part of the feedback is the comment (good/poor packing materials, good/poor communication, prompt shipping, truthful condition of game, etc). I support giving someone a negative if warranted, explaining the why in the comments. Thankfully, I my trade experiences thus far have all been good. I would probably use neutral if something was on the verge of okay, but in a gray area... game not quite in the condition they said, not well packed, something like that. This sounds more extreme than that. I would want to know before I traded with that person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no, negative was definitely appropriate. I think it is just difficult for some people to give out negative feedback; or there is a fear of feedback reprisal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know... I think receiving the game after some trouble and bad communication might be a neutral. Not receiving the game or receiving it in a much worse state than you were told/missing pieces/missing parts/etc.: negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally give around a month before giving negative feedback. At that point, I figure I won't be receiving the game and give negative feedback. If the game still comes, I appreciate it, but that person has not fulfilled the expectation and/or requirement of shipping games in a timely manner and frankly, I wouldn't want to trade with that person again. NOR would I want anyone else to go through the same experience.

Part of why I would respond this way is due to personal experience. There was a math trade in which I participated where I would never had selected a certain person's item if previous Geeks had not been as lenient in their feedback from prior experiences. While I appreciate that the person eventually did ship the item to me, I did leave negative feedback more to warn other geeks and let them know that they were taking risks in trading with this person. It is not a fun experience to be on the wrong end of a trade gone wrong whether it for for good or an extended period of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.