Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary wallace
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have 3 fenced stables, in the 1st stable is 2 Sheep. In the 2nd is 2 Boars. In the 3rd is 2 Cattle.
In the Breeding phase
Will I get 1 newborn of each animal? Or one of my choice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
We will sing to you Doctor... the universe will sing you to your sleep.
mbmbmbmbmb

One newborn of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you have 3 cows, 4 boar, and 6 sheep, you still get one of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
And bear in mind that all those animals are no longer in stables. They're in pastures that have stables (which are multiplying the carrying capacity of those pastures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Baack
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the OP wants to know if you have place for only one newborn (in the house) and you have 3 species capable of producing a newborn.
I.e. if you have 3 fenced in stables on 1 pasture each (capacity 4), all filled with 4 animals, do you get to choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He said he only had 2 animals in each fenced stable. So, plenty of room. But, yes, as far as I know, you can choose which animal to put into your house and which to let run away (can't eat newborns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I don't understand the comment here. How would that livestock be possible with three fenced stables?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
He said he only had 2 animals in each fenced stable. So, plenty of room. But, yes, as far as I know, you can choose which animal to put into your house and which to let run away (can't eat newborns).

Indeed, but, assuming you have cooking facilities, in that situation (4 of each animal) you could have cooked one of each animal at an earlier step of the harvest...thus freeing up the space in the breeding phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
I don't understand the comment here. How would that livestock be possible with three fenced stables?

The fencing could enclose more than one square. Two squares with a stable = 8 capacity. But either way, I was just specifying that you don't get a baby per pair of animals, you get one baby when you have at least 2 of an animal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Indeed, but, assuming you have cooking facilities, in that situation (4 of each animal) you could have cooked one of each animal at an earlier step of the harvest...thus freeing up the space in the breeding phase.

That's true too. But the issue was never a lack of space, just a question of whether you got one of each animal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.