John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
I've heard for a while about a fun but verry sill game called Sorry! Sliders. I thought I would try to get a copy, but it's not easy to get one in the UK. There seems to be a copyright issue with the name 'Sorry'. Lucky for me I have a friend in California who was due to visit. A quick email and Sorry Sliders was winging it's way over here.

It's marketed as a kids game but there are a lot of adults who also enjoy it. So what's it all about?

It's about sliding of course. You use slightly over-sized Sorry pieces, with ball bearingings in them.

The game has four tracks to run your Sliders on, two double-sided targets, four score boards, 16 large (Sliders) and 16 small (scoring) pawns.

You can play four different gamers depending on which target you use. the aim of them all is the same though to slide your Sliders anlong the tracks and score points. The small pawns move up the score boards based on where your Sliders land and the object is to advance all your pawns to home first. You need an exact number to finish, so it's not always the idea to get the higher score.

Here is what it looks like set up for four players.

One of the boatrds has a hole in the middle and depending on which side you use, a Slider in there either goes straight to home or straight back to start.

How does it play? It's fun and fast. Not a lot of depth but that really is not the idea. I have found with my kids we prefer combining the tracks to make them longer. A two player game were you have two pices of track each is our favourite format, but you can play up to four in a row.

I enjoy it, but it's not exactly a must have game. for anyone else in the UK trying to get a copy, I would not really advise getting a very expensive import copy (If you can get one), it's not THAT good a game. The problems should be resolved and it will be available here one day I'm sure.

I titled the review 'Is it just for Kids?', and I would say the answer is yes, but then there is at least a bit of a little kid in all of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

"You can't stop getting older, but you don't have to grow up."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your assessment. I have a hard time understanding the level of enthusiasm for the game that I've seen here on BGG. I'd play the game if asked, but won't buy one for myself at any price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heac0ck
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that alot of the appeal stems from the fact that it is readily available in the big-box stores. It is a refreshing change of pace to have a hobby/speciality/designer quality game that is as inexpensive as Monopoly. I have got my $$$$$ worth out of the game, but would not make the effort to import it if it was not close at hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

"You can't stop getting older, but you don't have to grow up."

The line you are looking for is "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.