Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tribute: If the other player reveals two harems, do you get 4 coins and 4 cards or 2 coins and 2 cards? Based on the rules description, it still seems unclear to me.

Mining Village: Can you draw a card before deciding whether or not to trash it?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that cards such as the Harem card, count as both types of cards. So the Harem is a Victory card and A Treasure card. The tribute rules say you get both bonuses. It also says if it is the same card you only get the benefits of the one card. So, you get, 2 coins and 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Snake1 wrote:
Tribute: If the other player reveals two harems, do you get 4 coins and 4 cards or 2 coins and 2 cards? Based on the rules description, it still seems unclear to me.

You get 2 coins and 2 cards from the two Harems; Tribute only counts each differently named card revealed.

You draw a card before deciding whether or not to trash Mining Village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snake1 wrote:

As a general rule, you do things in the order they're listed on the card, with a "stop" between each part when necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:
Snake1 wrote:

As a general rule, you do things in the order they're listed on the card, with a "stop" between each part when necessary.

This has always been the way the cards are to be played but, the Rules on page 9 state:

Mining Village - You must decide whether to trash Mining Village or not BEFORE moving on to other actions or other phases.

BOLD text is my emphasis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
Mining Village - You must decide whether to trash Mining Village or not BEFORE moving on to other actions or other phases.

Now that I reread this sentence and read the card, I am having second thoughts. Is "other actions and phases" from other cards or is it the Mining Village?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Mondior wrote:
Mondior wrote:

Now that I reread this sentence and read the card, I am having second thoughts. Is "other actions and phases" from other cards or is it the Mining Village?

That sentence is just to remind you that you can't play more cards and then go back and trash the Mining Village. You just have that one opportunity to trash Mining Village.

When you play Mining Village, you draw a card and increase how many actions you can play this turn. Then you decide whether or not to trash it (and trash it if that's what you pick). Then you move on to whatever action you want to play next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.