Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kenney
United States
North Haledon
NJ
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a unit move into a vacant area that does not have a battle or control marker in it? If so, during Capture Territories should I place a control marker there? If not, does that mean infantry can only advance when the way has been paved by helicopters and mechanized units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, units (bombers/helicopters excepted) can only move into territories they control or that have battle markers in them. But it does not follow that infantry cannot advance without other units. I'm not sure how you got that impression.

(thinks for a minute)

Are you aware that combat is between adjacent areas, not in just one territory, as in A&A? Suppose you have infantry in, say, Washington. You declare a battle in Philadelphia. During the battle phase you fight, that battle, using your infantry from Washington. They defeat all defenders, so they can move in during Second Movement.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
North Haledon
NJ
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
Yes, units (bombers/helicopters excepted) can only move into territories they control or that have battle markers in them.

Ah, thank you. That was really the entirety of my question.

spartax wrote:
But it does not follow that infantry cannot advance without other units. I'm not sure how you got that impression.

I had some spaghetti logic going in my head that I don't quite remember now.

spartax wrote:
Hope this helps!

Tremendously, thank you. Now if only I can remember to fire lasers every (American) turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkenney23 wrote:
Now if only I can remember to fire lasers every (American) turn...

I think I could have won the first time I played had I consistently remembered this. I actually had a pretty good holding action going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whac3 wrote:
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: YES! as long that this were a "friendly " Territory, and from what had been a 'given' presupposed, then it pertains for the USA player's 'Units'. Since they don't USE a 'Control Marker' to denote ANY for theirs, then of course these lacking that WERE considered as such.
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jkenney23 wrote:
Can a unit move into a vacant area that does not have a battle or control marker in it?
Yes, while that is ONLY for the USA player, as the "Invaders" are limited to JUST these with their OWN 'Control Marker', or an appropriate "Invasion Zone".
jkenney23 wrote:
If so, during Capture Territories should I place a control marker there?
shake No, you would have been required to PLACE any 'markers' prior to COMBAT, well before 2nd Moves were to be conducted.
jkenney23 wrote:
If not, does that mean infantry can only advance when the way has been paved by helicopters and mechanized units?
shake Not actually, yet since they ONLY "Move" during 2nd Moves, then it might appear as such. You aren't ever EVEN required to "Move Into" the same places that you've just completed COMBAT with as well. Although, there are certain situations to where you're apt to avoid that, like when you have inferior amounts with forces of which you may NOT wish to "risk" having these take somewhere, if other opponent's 'Units' were nearby enough and capable to counterattack and regain this, especially for the USA to obtain a CITY and then yet another 'Partisan Card', as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.