Popular Tags: [View All]
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My laptop hard drive recently died cry and I've been rebuilding it for a few days now, based on an old smaller hard drive from 10 months ago. Apart from all the downloaded files I've lost (some paid for PnP games - but most already printed), I've had to reinstall a load of updates & recent software.

One notable failure is the Client Designer on the ArtsCow website - Silverlight seems to have successfully installed & looks OK, but the Client Designer page does not show any cards, not even the bare templates.

Is this a problem on my laptop, or a more general problem with ArtsCow? Is anyone else finding this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reboot?

Make sure you have all the latest updates installed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been rebooting & updating for 3 days now, although I only tried ArtsCow today. I'm not sure what it needs apart from Silverlight. It's the same on MSIE 8 and Firefox 3.0.11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth uninstalling silverlight from your machine, perhaps it became corrupted during install.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried an uninstall, no luck. There's a message at the bottom of the Artscow window saying Get Design:[Arg_TargetInvocationException] and on the Firefox statusbar at the bottom it says Done.

EDIT: I notice that ArtsCow is telling me to install Silverlight 2.0, but the new version is 3.0. Whether that's significant I don't know. I have tried other Silverlight application sights (The Stargate site that the SIlverlight website connects to), and they work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Tried an uninstall, no luck. There's a message at the bottom of the Artscow window saying Get Design:[Arg_TargetInvocationException] and on the Firefox statusbar at the bottom it says Done.

EDIT: I notice that ArtsCow is telling me to install Silverlight 2.0, but the new version is 3.0. Whether that's significant I don't know. I have tried other Silverlight application sights (The Stargate site that the SIlverlight website connects to), and they work fine.

Try dumping your temp internet files and forcing a refresh of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, no change. I have found a vaguely similar problem reported on the ArtsCow forum - apparently it just went away after a couple of days. That's a solution I've seen before with these things, so I'm awaiting the next few days' progress...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Java?
Firewall?
Cookies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If Silverlight uses JAVA I'd suspect that, as the message I'm getting looks like a JAVA message. It's the same today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The exact same problem is now being reported by a number of people on the ArtsCow forum, so I await developments there. Thanks all, looks like it's their problem, not mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, thanks to a kind chap on the ArtsCow forum, I have discovered that Silverlight 2.0 works fine, Silverlight 3.0 does not...

Anyone else with a problem can get 2.0 here:
http://www.soft82.com/get/download/windows/microsoft-silverl...

If I were you, I'd right-click on the display and set Automatic Updates off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.