Popular Tags: gencon09bgg [+] [View All]
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, time to find out who's going to be there and what games we're hoping to play.

Myself, I'm looking to get in games of Middle Earth Quest, Railways of the World, Rise of Empires, Snow Tails, Small World, Steam and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

This will be my 25th GenCon in the last 28 years. I'm hoping to meet a bunch of BGG geeks in the open gaming room.

EDIT: Derk has decreed a time and place for the meetup. See this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/428413

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff slaga
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep...I'm interested in playing lot's of new game demo's in the dealer's room...

and Middle eArth Quest, FITS, Arabian Nights, Rebel vs Imp, Dom Intrigue and a big game of Overlord and Twilight Imp III if I can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going with my wife and some friends. But I think this post might have beaten you to the roll call:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3651469#3651469
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
But I think this post might have beaten you to the roll call.

That may be, but that one isn't in the Convention Forum, so this it the only "Official Roll Call".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcuswoot and I will be there with his son.

We'd love to teach Combat Commander or Close Action to any aspiring wargamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am prepared.

http://www.panix.com/~cinnibar/GenCon2009JWood.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going. This'll be year 15 for me, every year since '95. As always, I have no events scheduled or concrete plans. I ust show up and find things to do. I spend a lot of time in the dealer's hall and the auction house. I typically do the Mayfair thing where you demo a bunch of games to get a 1/2 off coupon for their booth. My wife usually does the same, so I'm planning on picking up a couple of Mayfair games: possibly Steam and Tigris & Euphrates. I'll also probably be buying Small World from the Days of Wonder booth and swinging by Z-Man's booth to see what they have going on.

It's our one vacation a year and I'm psyched as hell. It's a few days in the year where I don't have to worry about being a parent or an employee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schneider
United States
Lyons
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there! Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I will be there. I am running a big Race For The Galaxy tournament. Even if you don't want to play, stop by and mock me for my crappy posting on BGG... I can take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan to demo tons of games, laugh at Larpers, and play in the boardgame room till 3:00am or later. Get up at 9:00pm and start again.

Ready to play anything and looking forward to the zombie walk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there as well. Looking forward to trying FITS, Middle Earth Quest, hopefully Endeavor (I'm doubting that one), and playing a bunch of games in Ballroom 500.

What's this zombie walk? Similar to the costume parade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Present!
I will be there every day.
Spending most of my time in the open board gaming area and in the dealer hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Beckett Schreiber
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too follow the path of "No events planned" and it's usually worked out well in the past. Haven't missed a Gen Con since they moved to Milwaukee. If only I could sleep in one of the days. snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there and the events I'm judging and when are listed in the earlier postcool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
I'll be there as well. Looking forward to trying FITS, Middle Earth Quest, hopefully Endeavor (I'm doubting that one), and playing a bunch of games in Ballroom 500.

Hundreds of people dress up like zombies (with makeup and everything) then walk the convention and streets of Indianapolis..........acting like zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there with my sister, brother and sister in law. Plan on playing in a bunch of rpgs inclduing a couple Dread games and the 4e Ultimate Dungeon Delve. Hope to pick up the Pegasus expansion for BSG (actually, hope my brother will pick it up since he owns the base game). Auction, dressing up one day, swing dancing, beer drinking and dealer hall are all in the plans. I think this is my 9th overall/straight GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
[q="ooogene"]I'll be there as well. Looking forward to trying FITS, Middle Earth Quest, hopefully Endeavor (I'm doubting that one), and playing a bunch of games in Ballroom 500.

Hundreds of people dress up like zombies (with makeup and everything) then walk the convention and streets of Indianapolis..........acting like zombies.

Thanks! I haven't seen this in the 4 years I've been going to the Con. I've seen Zombies of course, just not all together like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Moriarty
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
If anyone is interested in scheduling a 2 player card driven wargame, let me know (Paths of Glory, Shifting Sands, Triumph of Chaos, etc).

Bob Moriarty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Oh just great! Everyone will think it's a political convention with politicians out to fleece the publiczombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going- to my first GenCon ever. I'll be bringing assorted Artscow decks, and a massive custom Cosmic Encounter set. And I'm available for whatever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.

Thursday is the vendors hall all day, game room at night.

Friday and Sat. is heroscape all day
and Sunday is up in the air.

I need to get out and see more of the convention this year, I never even made it to any of the hotels that have COnvention stuff going on!

Lee - Does the Library have

Last Night On Earth?
Kingdoms?
Small world?
Battleball?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be my first year up there. Won't know what I'm doing until I'm feet down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:

Dude, what did you use to prepare that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fritz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiyote wrote:
Cinnibar wrote:

Dude, what did you use to prepare that?

Uhh... looks like Excel.

I will be in attendance as well. I'm going to try out Conflict of Heroes on Thursday. The rest of the con will be filled with RPGs and miniatures games.

-Fritz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there all 4 days minus Friday morning, when I have to work until noon.

Plans include the RISING zombie LARP, True Dungeon (twice! Woot!), Hickman's Killer Breakfast, and the rest should be mostly open gaming, checking the dealer halls, demoing games, etc.

Since I've not been to a lot of cons, I want to at least try out some of the live gaming stuff to appease the roleplaying gamer in me. But I've left lots of free time to wander around and try out board games at my leisure, lest my roleplayer-self and my boardgamer-self open hostilities upon each other. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.