flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven new Steam maps from Bezier Games!
I'm thrilled to announce seven new maps for Steam in three brand new expansions: Age of Steam Expansion: Alabama Railways, Antebellum Louisiana & Four Corners, Age of Steam Expansion: 1867 Georgia Reconstruction, South Carolina & Oklahoma Land Rush & Age of Steam Expansion: Beer & Pretzels! See complete details and how to preorder at the Bezier Games website: http://games.bezier.com.

Of particular note to Steam devotes: All of these expansions were created with *both* Steam and Age of Steam in mind. In fact, only Oklahoma Land Rush existed (in a very different form) prior to the shipping version of Steam, so the Steam-based rules aren't just afterthoughts, they're integral to each expansion. In fact, the Beer & Pretzels map was originally designed specifically and only for Steam due to its incredibly forgiving nature, but I was able to make it work with Age of Steam as well.

Alabama Railways, Antebellum Louisiana & Four Corners
This full color Steam expansion contains three maps containing unique twists, including two 2 player maps and one 3-5 player map. These maps are joined by a common pre-Civil War time period, where railroad expansion was happening throughout the South and West.

Four Corners challenges you to build balanced railways in the Four Corners (Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado) section of the United states. Alabama Railways is a tight 2 player map that will test your ability to create low income railroads for rural Alabama, and Antebellum Louisiana has you not just creating tracks but also establishing new towns throughout the state.

1867 Georgia Reconstruction, South Carolina & Oklahoma Land Rush
This full color Steam expansion contains three maps with challenging and creative mechanics, including one 3-5 player map and two 2 player maps. These three maps are joined by the immediate post-war time period of rebuilding and expansion westward.

Oklahoma Land Rush is a 3-5 player expansion that has players rapidly expanding west to claim land. 1867 Georgia Reconstruction is a 2 player map that builds on the partially destroyed railroads immediately following the war, and South Carolina pit two players against each other as they struggle to deal with an influx of goods from Charleston while paying off the corrupt goverment officials that are exploiting the post-war rebuilding efforts.

Beer & Pretzels Expansion for Train Games
The perfect light-strategy Steam map that's also a complementary map to the new Beer & Pretzels standalone game (see below). And it is ONLY available through preorders.

If you need a break from the euro-hassle of victory points and A/P prone players who are trying to optimize the amount of money they take by reducing income levels, then this is the map for you. No VPs. No income track. And best of all, no expenses. You get cash money when you make a delivery. And whoever has the most money at the end of the game wins. Simple enough that casual gamers can get Steamed. This is the anti-18xx train experience that even 18xxers will find engaging.

Beer & Pretzels The Stand Alone Game
Just announced, Beer & Pretzels is the game where you toss coasters on a table and get money. This Essen 2009 release is accessible, fun, and oddly addictive. As part of the Bezier Games Essen 2009 preorder package, you'll also get a sixth coaster color for 20% more fun (results may vary depending on who that sixth player is).

To place a preorder, go to http://games.bezier.com.

This note is being cross-posted almost in its entirety in the Age of Steam, Steam, and Bezier Games forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Ted - thanks for the great news. Will you be providing scenario instructions for both Base and Standard Steam? (I think your earlier Steam scenario updates focused on Standard, but I haven't seen them all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimb wrote:
Ted - thanks for the great news. Will you be providing scenario instructions for both Base and Standard Steam? (I think your earlier Steam scenario updates focused on Standard, but I haven't seen them all.)

This is what I care about also. I dont much care for standard. But I love the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any pictures? Didn't see any on your website yet.

Also, any way to order the maps separately?

Thanks,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie K.
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting news...

Do you know yet if the maps will be mounted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Ted - is it also correct to assume all these maps will be in traditional/AoS style? (With cities marked white/black 1-6, plain green hex's, etc?)

Are you planning any maps/expansions with Steam-specific design/styling? (Eg, the graphics & tags for city, town, rivers, hills, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick answer to what seems like the most important question:

The rules will be applicable to both Base and Standard Steam rules. The only map where there are any differences is the Beer & Pretzels map, and that's just because while in Base Steam you can get money at any time (unlike Standard), Beer & Pretzels doesn't use the income track at all, and doesn't have the concept of getting money at any time. It'll probably make more sense once the rules are posted...but the difference is more a high level thing that makes Standard significantly easier and Basic a tiny bit harder (but in fairness, Beer & Pretzels is overall so much easier on the math/income/cash side that it isn't really relevant, in my opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kartafilos wrote:

They usually are from Bezier Games.
And for that price, I would expect nothing less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Kartafilos wrote:

They usually are from Bezier Games.
And for that price, I would expect nothing less.

They're card stock, they have to be. The production style allows Ted to have two separate 2 player map cards that can be flipped over to form the bigger, large count game on the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
No Solo games? Would love to see more of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MORE SOLO MAPS!

MORE SOLO MAPS!

SORE MOLO SPAM!

MORE SOLO MAPS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still wondering if maps can be ordered separately. $89 is too steep for me to throw down for more maps. Also still wondering if there are any pictures yet.

Ted seems like a good guy, but I'd like to see what the folks at Mayfair might be thinking about as far as extra maps are concerned as well. For now, I'm pretty sure that the original Steam maps, the St. Lucia/Barbados maps of Ted's, and the print and play Scotland maps will be plenty for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick parse of Bezier's web site indicates the Age of Steam maps are available by themselves for 70.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
A quick parse of Bezier's web site indicates the Age of Steam maps are available by themselves for 70.

Michael, would you please post the link? Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't find that $70 price.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
The set you are interested in is located at this website:

http://games.bezier.com/direct.html

It is called the: Mini Essen 2009 Age of Steam Expansions

It is the 2nd item on the page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bradley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.