Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Howell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I combed through some questions, and I have yet to play the game, but as I'm usually the guy who explains rules, I want to make sure I have it right.

I understand all the rules on favors such as not bypassing the various castle part you are on etc. My questions are:

1. When favor is awarded, lets say during dungeon building and you pick the VP track. Where does your piece go? Does it go to the 1st or second spot? Since you can't use favor on the same track in the same phase, it would seem to me that you'd go as far right as possible since you can't really advance it any other way.

If this is true, is there any kind of limit of player pieces on the same favor spot? Can two players tokens occupy the same spot? Or does the second play to chose the same track line up one left spot to the left of the right-most person?

Sorry for the probably dumb question, I'm just not wrapping my head around this particular mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: More Favors questions
Any time you choose a favor track you advance it one space to the right, compared to where it was. So you will always have to start by taking 1 point with the prestige track, $3 with the denier track, food with the resource track, and nothing with the building track. You can only advance any track once each phase, for every turn. Note that you can choose anything you have previously already reached when using the resource and building tracks. For example, say you choose the building track for a royal favor. It was on the build stone building space, so you advance it to the build residence space. You can choose to build a wood or stone building instead of a residence. Players can occupy the same spot(s) on the favor tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you take your first VP favour, you put your token on the first one, taking a single VP. If you get a 2nd favour, you can move to the 2nd favour of the VP track, taking 2VP, or else you can put another token on the first space of another track.

If you choose the 2VP favour, and then get a third favour, then you can choose the VP track again. If you're in the 2nd or 3rd phase of the game, you can move to the 3VP favour and take 3VP. If you're still in the first phase, you can't move to the 3VP spot on the track, but you can still take the 2VP favour a second time.

Each player's favours are tracked independantly. You can have multiple player's tokens on the same favour - no player can take the 2VP favour without having taken the 1VP favour already.

Does that help?

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Howell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, both of you helped clarify it, thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.