Subject: I hope the reprint has a new theme! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
My family loves the mechanics involved in this game, but the theme is somewhat boring. Consider making it a detective game with 5 lines of evidence like: DNA, Fingerprints, Eye Witnesses, Video Surveillance, and Forensic Evidence. The detective who scores the highest is the one who "cracks the case" and wins the game. The "bishop" cards could be changed to "Anonymous Tip" (add +1 to any line of evidence) or "Reach a Dead End" (subtract 1 to any line of evidence).
I think this would give the game a lot more appeal to the general audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you'd be interested in gems?

or stamps?

or Australian wildlife?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion, but the theme is now out of my hands. The new publisher has been granted the rights to change the theme if desired. I cannot say whether the theme will be changed or not.

Dr. Finn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe an Artscow variant will turn up at some point (for those who own the original, of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
The new publisher is keeping the original theme...because, they said in an e-mail to me, "there is no better theme." Why are there so many attempts to re-theme it then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, maybe it has to do with continuity: the game has so much buzz here, a new theme might be seen by the publisher as throwing away a lot of free marketing. I personally find a scriptorium much more interesting than the forensics theme, but to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Green
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't had a chance to play it yet but the current theme really appeals to me so I'm glad they haven't changed it. That said, the user variations are great too! Love the Aussie one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
The new publisher is keeping the original theme...because, they said in an e-mail to me, "there is no better theme." Why are there so many attempts to re-theme it then?

I rethemed it not because I disliked the original theme but because I disliked the original artwork. I see what they were going for, but it just looked ugly. If they can get across the original theme but make it look better then I'm all for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say I liked the theme and the art (though not the font selection). The darkness of the art really captured the theme of scribes stuck in a monastary copying illuminated manuscripts by candlelight for me.

Though I guess its completely academic at this point since I can't afford to buy a set and the new pub is free to go hog wild according to their desires....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my personal taste the wooden engraving like art is really great.
I just wish I could get my hands on a copy ! Reprint please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.