Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Ok usually these don't stump BGG at large, but this one just might. I am looking for a game that was about vocabulary, or possibly grammar or spelling. It was an especially large box in the Monopoly style. The cover was yellow, and maybe had a cartoon guy with his head opening up to reveal all kinds of knowledge, kind of like the logo for Scattergories. It had a huge Monopoly type board that was mostly just a track around the edge. Came with maybe 4 decks or boxes of cards, and each player got a wooden block with 10 or so slots to hold their cards in. I got this as a present in the late 80's or early 90's and I get the impression it was a small print run, not from a major boardgame company. Anyone have any clue??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Babble On?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Zig-Zag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Nope, neither of those. The art and fonts were much more rudimentary. The box was very wide (more than 3 feet). Also, the game was definitely in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for trying! I have a feeling it isn't on BGG... I would ransack my parents' attic to add it to the database but I have a feeling they threw the game out long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Educated Guess maybe ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
That's it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
HBGlover wrote:
Thanks for trying! I have a feeling it isn't on BGG... I would ransack my parents' attic to add it to the database but I have a feeling they threw the game out long ago.

Silly Glover EVERYTHING is on BGG honestly I have gone through and they got just about every obscure thing I could think of (and I had a few friends helping)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaFink wrote:
Silly Glover EVERYTHING is on BGG honestly I have gone through and they got just about every obscure thing I could think of (and I had a few friends helping)

I dunno....I amnaged to add a game earlier this year and I have one more thats not in the database...and I'm a PIKER!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.