Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I tried this expansion for the first time yesterday. One player played Bow of the Galadrim card when one of the enemy landed on the big red eye space on the battlefield corresponds to Mordor, i.e., the "ring is mine" space.

Bow of the Galadrim (Rivendell - yellow): ignore all damage caused by one enemy on one space on the Battlefield board.

I thought it is not allowed but I am not sure. It seemed to easy because we could just have one ignored enemy at big red eye and all other enemy just cannot proceed because they are blocked by the one at the big red eye.

Does anyone know if it is allowed to use Bow of the Galadrim for the enemy at Big Red Eye space?

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't allow it, based on the wording in the rules:

"You may still play Feature cards and spend shields to call Gandalf before you move an Enemy to this space" (p. 5)

(emphasis mine)

Use of "before" would suggest once an Enemy hits that space, snooze, you lose.

I most often use the Bow on the "2 back on the main line + Vanish" space that's on the white arrow from spot 3. That is if I get the card (tend to play 2 hobbits) and make it to Mordor (not a given using BF).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.