Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm looking at A&A miniatures but I'm curious about the planes. How exactly do they work? Do they defend against other aircraft? or ground units? how do they fight? Would someone be willing to walk me through an aircraft phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are fairly clear on how and when to use aircraft. You select them as part of your starting forces using the normal unit selection rules. They are then played and used during the appropriate phases as described below (from the rules). They can attack other aircraft and some even have an advantage when doing so. Some are better at attacking soldiers and a (very) few are OK against armor and units with open backs. A copy of the advanced rulebook with aircraft rules is available online.

An Axis & Allies Miniatures game is played in turns. During each turn, players follow a sequence of play consisting of specific phases.
A. Initiative phase (both players)
B. First player’s movement phase
C. Second player’s movement phase
D. First player’s flight phase
E. Second player’s flight phase
F. First player’s airstrike phase
G. Second player’s airstrike phase

H. First player’s assault phase
I. Second player’s assault phase
J. Casualty phase (both players)
K. End of Turn phase (remove Aircraft)

Flight PhasesDuring your flight phase, you can place your Aircraft anywhere on the board. Aircraft with face-up Disrupted counters can’t be placed you’ll have to wait until the disruption wears
off first.

Airstrike PhasesDuring your airstrike phase, you can attack with each of your Aircraft. Hits scored in the airstrike phase are considered to be simultaneous with hits scored from normal attacks
during the assault phase.

End of Turn PhaseAt the beginning of the end of turn phase, remove your surviving Aircraft from the battle map. You won’t be able to place disrupted Aircraft during your next flight phase you’ll have
to wait until the disruption wears off first.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for that explanation, but now Im thinking I might want a stand alone WW2 air combat game. Is there a good one out there? Preferably with miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Thank you for that explanation, but now Im thinking I might want a stand alone WW2 air combat game. Is there a good one out there? Preferably with miniatures?

Wings of war WW 2 has miniatures and is about WW2. However, unlike A&A miniatures, I've never played that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.