Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be short but I had to post this -

I'm playing my first few games of Rebel vs Imperium against the Robot on easy and I was able to get out the following (numbers aren't game turns) -

Start World - Rebel Cantina

Robot - Damaged Alien Factory

d10-1 Settled a few small 1 rebel military windfall worlds and used a Trade or two to gain cards. Combined with DAF's Produce every few turns I was able to gain a stack of cards early (Rebel Cantina offering card draws for rebel worlds).

d10-2 Drew Imperium Warlord and Imperial Seat and got them into play.

d10-3 A few turns later I got Hidden Fortress (how tough is that card) and it allowed me to get Rebel Outpost and Rebel Base into play (5 + 6 VP respectively).

d10-4 All these Rebel Worlds meant that DAF's Produce power was dropping plenty of cards into my lap.

d10-5 I then got Imperium Lords into play and deliberately produced to get a super mega card draw from Produce thanks to the combination of Imperium Lords and Rebel Cantina.

d10-6 Those cards saw a bevy of good options at my disposal and just when I thought I couldn't play them all I realised that Hidden Fortress pushed the End Game out to 14 cards in my Tableau.

d10-7 There was a risk that the Robot would finish the game by exhausting the VP's at it had played back to back x2 actions. But amazingly it went Produce/Copy (Develop).

d10-8 That allowed me to get out my Galactic Imperium and only a lack of cards saw (to pay with) saw me fail to get out Rebel Alliance (Which would have been massive).

d10-9 Imperium UberLord - So I ended up with:

Imperium Warlord
Imperium Seat
Imperium Lords
Galactic Imperium

6 Rebel Worlds
2 Non Rebel

d10-1d10-0 Final Score - I ended up with 73 VP's with 50 having come from the 3 6VP Imperium Dev's.

The Robot finished on 47 VP's despite having milked 27 VP's during the course of the game.

If I create a narrative out of this set of cards the story would be something like -

The Galactic Imperium was a force to be reckoned with. Founded on a network of nebulous yet influential Rebel Worlds, the Imperium took their place in the Senate, which did the bidding of the Imperium Lords on the political front. Should politics fail the Imperium had the might of their Warlord who took care of all matters military as he perched upon his throne in a Fortress no mere mortal had ever set eyes on.

Great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.