Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Roberts
United Kingdom
Colwyn Bay
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone used the company Wargeek.co.uk to purchase anything recently? I placed an order with them a few weeks ago for Twilight Struggle, which according to their website they have in stock, and I paid for it through their secure payment service (PayPoint). I haven't heard anything back from the company since and they're ignoring my e-mails, which kind of looks like it's either a really poorly run company or it's a scam.

If anyone has had a similar experience could you let me know so I can give it up as a bad job and try and get my money back; or if you've dealt with the company successfully recently, that would be useful to know too.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've never heard of them before your post. It looks like many other of the smaller online outfits. I can't seem to find Twilight Struggle on the site, some companies list games for sale without having them in stock, and order them from the supplier, it is only when a title is out of print as TS seems to be at the moment, that this becomes an issue.

Perhaps they are still trying to track down a copy, if they don't get in touch soon, I'd ask for a refund - the site doesn't look like a scam but it might be somebody doing it in their spare time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It would be good to hear what the result is. - they have Tomb in stock for £9 which looks like a bargain or a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not a scam. i can't make that claim as i don't know

However..... games they have on their website (Goa until last week which i ordered and got a refund as they did not have it stock) are often not in stock. As far as i know they order games from the distributor after you place your order - however TS in not in stock at the distributor so it is likely you will get a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roberts
United Kingdom
Colwyn Bay
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the info.

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to get hold of TS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hyland
msg tools
I too have been waiting weeks for two games from this company and again they don't answer any emails, nor do they refund my money.

Has anybody actually received an order from this company?

One thing is for sure they need an intensive Customer Relations course very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CC:E is a good price too, unusual for a FLGS. I would hate to drive the 50 miles though for them not to have it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Monteiro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also waiting for an order I have put with them on July 22nd! I have paid for the games (which they had in stock) and my order status still says "processing (see order notes)" - which I don't see any!
I have sent them an email on July 28th and got no answer! Besides, their "service" email does not exist, which I find strange at least... Moreover, they don't have a telephone number to contact them...
They do seem to be a legitimate store, but this absence of contact is a little too much...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Monteiro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard from them... said they will dispatch or refund within the next 24hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hyland
msg tools
Yeah, thats what they said to me, 3 days ago. I'm still waiting!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hyland
msg tools
And I am still waiting, despite emailed assurances I would get my games or a refund within 24 hours.

Whoever asked about Wargeek.Co.Uk I would say avoid at all costs as they are either a scam or hold first place in the total inefficiency stakes and ignorance of proper customer relations.

You have been warned, don't lose money like I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

Googled our website and found this and just thought it deserved a reply,

We are neither an scam site or part time, The website has only gone live within the last 2 weeks any orders made before then should have been manually approved or declined either way no payment should have been taken before the goods were ok to ship, If this is not the case and there is anyone who has an outstanding order with us please email sales@wargeek.co.uk or give us a call in the shop on 0114 232 22 55, As this was a big mistake on our part and not the fault of any of our customers we will be happy to issue a £10.00 gift voucher as way of an apology to anyone who's card has been charged in error.

Stock levels on the site have now been updated and show an accurate amount to within 24-48 hours on all board games and most minis, If you want to pick anything up from our shop please give us a ring or drop us an email and we will let you know if its in store or we need to bring one across from the warehouse unit which could take 24 hours.

If you would like to visit us while we put the last few touches on the store please feel free to visit us at 194 howard Rd Walkley Sheffield S6 3RX where there will be some one 6 days a week from 9am until at least 4.30pm. we are planning to close Sundays unless we have a game night on. Also if there are any people local to us we are having a games room made in the cellar and will run a couple of late night gaming sessions each month if anyone would like to come or has an game they wish to play please email us and we will be happy to list this on our website.

Hope this helps and please get in touch if there is anything else we can do to help.

Andy
Wargeek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammo
England
london
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite the above assurances, I put in an order 10 days ago, had my money taken and not a word since. I have phoned and emailed but no reply to anything. I wish I had read this before I ordered. It may be a bit early to damn a company but it does not look good....
Edit: just looked at google streetmap and it appears that the shop matching the address was recently sold by a company called Patrick Crapper. An omen perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Monteiro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been 2 months that I have put my order and nothing! At the beginning of September and after all the talk of opening the new store, moving inventory, etc. I received an automatic email telling me that the order was shipped and would take between 7-10 working days with Royal Mail Euro Parcels (no tracking number). It has passed more than that and nothing showed up! I sent than an email reporting the situation and will wait for a reply. I am thinking of going for credit card fraud now...
Is anyone here from Sheffield that can drive by their (supposed) store address and verify if they actually exhist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hyland
msg tools
I am still waiting too, despite assurances my money would be returned. I think we can now assume that the worst about this company

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Wilks
United Kingdom
Soham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys, just registered to post in this thread. There are currently threads about this store here, warseer, bolterandchainsword and at-43.com and probably others.

I'm having this exact same issue with wargeek. They don't process your order, don't answer emails and rarely answer the phone.

After ringing for three days I managed to get an answer, the guy claimed it was a hiccup and would look into it, said he had what I ordered in stock, would send my order out by dhl and phone me the next morning to confirm. I had already contacted my bank by this stage anyway to get the ball rolling with a chargeback, wasn't suprised when I didn't get the promised call back the next day and don't expect to have any joy with the store. He called me dude a lot, claimed to have my order infront of him within 2 seconds of me giving him my surname and generally was about as convincing as a warm turd. I'll try and see if I can get him on the phone again this week and if he answers I will politely inform him that the wargaming community are onto him.

Unless my issue is resolved by the store I will be contacting the police in sheffield about this lowlife once my bank gets my money back. I would encourage anyone else who are having an issue with this store to do the same. Unfortunately my bank say it'll be a week before I get some form or other through the post which I have to send back in order to allow them to do a chargeback.

Wargeek
194 Howard Road
Walkley
Sheffield
S6 9RX
01142 322255

South Yorkshire Police
01142 202020 (non-emergency number)

Edit: now adding the name Andrew Wilson to my info.
Edit: more info from bolterandchainsword associated with this "business":

John Graham

Abbeydale Golf Club
Twentywell Lane
Sheffield
S17 4QA

www.ping.co.uk
www.ping3.co.uk (this is the one that appeard on my cc statement)
www.ajrclothing.com
lag3.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammo
England
london
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to update everyone from my previous post. I received 2/3 of my order about 3 weeks ago. I spoke to the chap in the shop who assured me the other game would be posted or refunded if they couldn't get it in stock. At that time they were answering the telephone. I can't get through now and have had no contact at all despite the copious messages left etc. At the time I thought maybe the teething problems of new and popular shop but its becoming more difficult to believe this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Thomas
United Kingdom
Enfield
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add my own experience from using Wargeek. I've only used them once when I ordered 3 games from them towards the end of August and while I found them a little slow I didn't really have any problems with them at all. I had an issue where my order would not allow me to select free shipping (even though I had spent the entitled amount) but after sending them an e-mail they updated my order and I was able to proceed with my payment. After payment it took about a week to receive my order from them which was delivered by ParcelForce.

As with the above poster, my transaction went through as "Www.PING3.Co.Uk".

Other than that I didn't experience any problems with them and in all my correspondance they seemed rather helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Holgate
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I just signed on to add my two-penny's worth.

This company MAY NOT BE A SCAM, but they are crap at delivery schedules, it took me 4 weeks to get my delivery. They NEVER answer emails.
Their charge name to my credit card is WWW.PING3.CO.UK, but they never tell you that on the invoice. It's lucky that I found this site otherwise I would have been onto my credit card company to get them done for (potential) fraud.

I sure won't use them again,and to be honest, since I put my order, I found cheaper stuff from USA even including postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Coleclough-Worrell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

I too have used them...

I couple of weeks ago, I actually rang them about a version of a boardgame that I was unsure about.
The person I spoke to seemed very helpful and appeared to know the game I was talking about and even recommended another website that I mentioned I was looking at (who are also from the Yorkshire area). Last week I therefore decided to order something actually from them because they were fairly cheap and the guy seemed helpful when I had spoken to him.

I placed my order on Friday afternoon and expected things to have got moving on the order on Monday, however the order status still showed processing even though my money had now left my account. I went to ring them to see if the order had been sent out but had no look getting through after NUMEROUS attempts! Anyway, by which time I had seen this thread and was a bit concerned so I decided to try their email address they gave and I got a response fairly quick from someone called Andy to say that the order had been processed and was ready for pickup the day before (Monday - I emailed on Tuesday). This seemed a little weird to me as I've never heard of Royal mail picking up mail, I thought you had to take it to the post office? So I sent a couple more emails, to probe a little further (during which time he used a different email address - from ajrclothing rather than wargeek which he used previously).

What I think is that if it was a con, then surely It doesn't help him to respond to my emails as he already has my money and would just be giving me more evidence of some wrongdoing.

Anyway he said that I would be emailed once the delivery is picked up, which I'm still waiting for... maybe the royal mail strikes are bad there, I don't know?! all my other post has been fine.

Below are the content of my emails (with private details edited out)
Bit weird that he sent his reply at the bottom of my emails so apologies that the conversation is a bit jumbled up.

Why have you just replied again from a different email address?

On 6 Oct 2009, at 13:42, Ajrclothing wrote:

Simon ****************** wrote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying.

I'm hoping this is true as I've read less than favourable reviews of you on the internet. However I will trust this is correct for the time being. I'm unsure however as to why I was charged before anything had been sent out to me...

When should the delivery approximately arrive and who is delivering it?

Simon

On 6 Oct 2009, at 13:10, Wargeek wrote:

Simon ************ wrote:
Hi,

I placed an order with you for 2 items on Friday. My order status is still showing "processing" yet I have been charged for both items. Please assure me of an immediate dispatch (both items were shown to be in stock) or please refund me.

My order numbers...

091002-161806-4311
091002-141721-7586

I have ordered both Saboteur and Agricola

Simon ****************

Hi Simon,

Your order was picked and packed yesterday and is currently awaiting collection both games were in stock you will recive an email from us once they have bee collected.

Kind regads
Andy
Wargeek.co.uk

Hi Simon,

Royal mail first class so around 48 hours from collection.

Kind regards
Andy
Wargeek.co.uk
Simon,

I use a gmail account as a back up mail server if i forget to change the (from) part in outlook it may come through as a gmail address.
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Coleclough-Worrell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
After a little recon work (vis google maps) I found the shop that was at the time being sold by Patrick Crapper and rang the shop next door who said that there is a shop that sells games just next door so I think it can be safe to assume that they exist...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Wilks
United Kingdom
Soham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mb
I'm waiting for my chargeback to come through.

Wargeek have continued to impress since I last posted. They promised on two seperate occasions to send out my order by DHL the next working day and assured me they had what I ordered in stock. They've now had my money for a month and I have nothing to show for it. After the last DHL promise, they cancelled my order 2 days later without explination and sent me an email claiming I had been refunded, however, its now two weeks since then and no refund has happened. My emails remain unanswered and they still don't answer the phone.

As soon as my chargeback comes through I will be contacting south yorks police about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Robson
msg tools
sauron
Hi there folk's. I ordered kill dr. lucky and red november form them in july. Obviously they didn't have dr lucky in. and they didn't send red november. I finally got through to Andy who said he'd send me Red november at cost, and refund the difference. He sent red november but no refund for Dr Lucky or the diference in cost for Red November. He's promised to refund me half a dozen times over the phone, each time with excuses. It's been three months now. It's either a badly run store or a very strange scam. Either way I consider them to have stolen my money. If they don't answer the phone and sort it within the week i'll ring South Yorkshire Police as suggested in a previous post.
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Coleclough-Worrell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Update - received order today in full (took a week exactly). They sent by dhl as post office are striking and emailed me to inform me of this. I can now confirm that the company is genuine however as mentioned many times on this topic, they are pretty badly run as the they never answer the phone and never seem to be in a rush to satisfy the customer. However all emails from now have been accurate. Good luck to everyone who has yet to receive their orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Smith
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Sheffield resident I took a stroll up to Walkley a couple of weeks ago and can confirm that the shop does indeed exist. However, it certainly wasn't openly trading. There were metal shutters down over the windows and although the door was open and a light was on I couldn't see any games, just lots of dust and some shelves being erected. So it looks genuine but is going through an extremely long-winded start-up phase. I expect the owner is doing all the work themselves. But that's no excuse for the poor customer service as described on this thread. I'll try and post an update in a few days time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.