Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let me get this straight, rules says "place them on the map in any friendly clan controlled space"...so what's a friendly clan? Alliance or Faction?
Example: if I have a couple of Takeda units to place can i place them in asakura or azai space?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A clan is all the units that share a family crest (Mon). The Asakura are a clan. The Azai are a clan. The Azai combined with the Asakura is an alliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nowen Brian Fernandez
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi David,

"place them on the map in any friendly clan controlled space"

1. The regrouping clan should control that space
2. The space should be friendly = meaning free of enemy/neutral units = meaning it shouldn't be under siege

So the answer to your question should be no.
(Anyone may correct me if this reply is in error)

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...technically azai,asakura and takeda are all allied against the oda...so they should be friendly...so a space controlled by asakura or asai should be fine for takeda...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Well...technically azai,asakura and takeda are all allied against the oda...so they should be friendly...so a space controlled by asakura or asai should be fine for takeda...

"Place them on the map in any friendly clan controlled space"

Originally, I was sure you were wrong, but now I'm not so sure. It depends on exactly how you interpret it. Does it mean you can place them in any space controlled by a freidnly clan? Or does it mean that you can only place them in spaces controlled by their own clan, that must also be friendly? I suspect it's the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thaanks to anyone...Adam I have to tell you have made one hell of a game....simple yet full of strategic options and variations between matches. I just finished a wonderful solo session and I think Im ready to go for a full fledged game against humans. Hope to find someone on Vassal...
Has the Feudal Lord project been put to sleep forever? Any hope?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Has the Feudal Lord project been put to sleep forever?

Not at all. Just in the summer rush now. I'll get back on it after WBC.

Thanks for the kind words on AMDT as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam I'm very sorry but I have to ask a question that you have heard probably a billion times...and that is, what is the path one has to follow in order to learn the fine art of wargame design?
Probably it's all too complicated to describe here and I dont want to bother, I'm also making my own reasearch...but...can you spare same hints please?

thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no secret formula out there...knowing a lot about the topic and running some concepts by other gamers is probably the place to start. If you get some "that sounds really cool" feedback, you are ready to go...

Biggest and most important thing at this point is to get yourself a really, really good developer. He can help you bring your cool concepts and ideas onto paper and make sure it works. You have that, and your design will fly...that's all it takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwan
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Late follow up: Using Tokugawa as example, I can let him own some of Asai and Rokkaku's spaces by negotiating via him or letting him have troop majority of those siege forces. This way he will have a regroup base to get reinforcement from in central Japan. Is this permissible, and is this historical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
AFIK the only additional resouce space that can be created is the Azuchi Castle, level 3. While you occupy an enemy home space and when you conquer an enemy clan that home space cannot be used as a resource space by the victor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwan
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
epilgrim wrote:
...when you conquer an enemy clan that home space cannot be used as a resource space by the victor.

I agree with the rule you cited.

What I am refering to in my 8/22 post is not about resource space (for rule 5.2 LOC purpose), but a space that is eligible for regrouping (rule 11.2, aka getting replacement units).

I am suggesting that you can deliberately let a clan control spaces in areas far away from their home turf. As long as this space have LOC to home castle (through Oda territory in this example), you now have a space to regroup troops with that is much closer to Kyo. In case Tokugawa is summoned to fight in this area, it will be much easier for his army to replenish combat losses.

I believe this tactic is permissible in the rule, and with second thought I think it make sense, if you reason that given the game time scale, your administrators should be able to safely move replacement units within friendly areas to gather close to frontline for your main army to pick up (but if this is the rationale, then why can you not regroup in any unsieged space controlled by your faction, as the previous posts questioned? Or at least to any unsieged space controlled by your faction that has LOC with your clan, if you dislike the idea of airdroping Shingen into Odani . Anyways, for now I will observe what the rule says.)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might find that you are far too busy with Takeda and protecting your Tokugawa home castle to pull this off while at tha same time dealing with the Azai/Asakura.

That is a lot of shifting movement and luck with negotiations and cards; I'm not sure Oda has that much time.

Tokugawa is best served taking the neutral minors adjacent to him, that should give him plenty of regroup options when Takeda take the stage.

If Takeda withdraws, you can make dramatic strides with Tokugawa, but until then he already has a fulltime job, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwan
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the Tokugawa clan strategy you described make perfect sense. For those who have an ambitions Ieyasu, my ploy might help (if it is permissible).
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.