Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I (like most people) occasionally have dreams where I've forgotten to do something really important. Like I went a whole semester never going to a class I signed up for or something like that. Last night I dreamt that I got halfway through a game of Brass and only then realized that I hadn't explained the two eras properly, so all my opponents had nothing but level 1 tiles on the board.... It felt pretty much the same as those other dreams.

I can only assume this is a sign of illness of some sort. Anybody want to tell their own story and make me feel better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orrin Venn
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
coolpapa wrote:
So, I (like most people) occasionally have dreams where I've forgotten to do something really important.

Yeah, like put on your pants before you went to school and suddenly you realize, and at the same time the whole class realizes, you are sitting at your desk in your tighty-whiteys.

These dreams are rooted in fear. Fear of failure --> ridicule --> rejection --> loss of love. Lighten up and stop worrying about what others might think and just be your imperfect self. If they don't love you that way, they don't love you at all. A friend, family or not, knows our shortcomings, sees our mistakes, and loves us anyway. Make sure you love others this way and you'll never be without it.

And just so we don't get reprimanded to take this convo to the psychic dream site, have you seen my game videos I just uploaded? On one of them, I recorded a ghost laughing, an EVP they call it. It really creeped me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you may know, I was a game tester for Star Wars: Battlefront. During the first month that I worked on the project (approx 50 hours a week), I would curl up in bed and close my eyes and all I could hear was "Pew, pew pew, pew pew pew." Then, I would usually end up in some akward situation, only to be "saved by the bell" when a AT-AT would lumber by.

Needless to say, these were very strange times for me. Things got marginally better when I worked on Call of Duty, but Doom 3 brought the strange dreams right back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here's one strange dream I had that I'll never forget. I tell it here knowing that it's not related to board gaming but I've still decided to share it.

I used to live in a small town called Cisco, in Texas. There was at one time there a drive-in movie theater, but it had shut down many years ago and hardly anything was left of it.

Okay, now my dream, and yes, I really did dream this...

The drive-in, which was on the edge of a large wooded area, had been remodeled and converted into a resort and I went there to stay. I got a room and was ready to go scout out the town when the manager stopped me and told me that it was very vital that I be back at the resort and in my room before it got dark. I asked why and he told me that at night, some creatures like werewolves would come out of the woods and chase and kill anyone in the resort who was wandering around outside.

The manager also said that, if I didn't happen to make it back before night, that when I did return and if one of the creatures came and started chasing me, I was to say aloud a special word that would ward off the creature. The special word was "ALLIANCE." Okay.

Well, sure enough, it was dark before I got back to the resort and as I was trying to get into my room, a large wolfish creature came out of the woods and started chasing me. (At this point my dream turned into a nightmare, it was very, very scary.)

As I ran around the resort grounds trying to avoid this werewolf, I couldn't quite remember the word to say. Then as I ran for dear life, I turned and saw the creature just about to pounce on me, and I remembered the word!

I kept running, out of breath and about to pass out from fright, and I turned and in a loud voice, yelled the special word...

"APPLIANCE! APPLIANCE!"

And that's all of the dream I remember.

Yes, I really did dream that. I don't remember what happened after that...But when I woke up in the morning and remembered the dream, I burst out laughing, and I've never forgot it.

And, as it turns out, I've had other dreams along the same line, ending in some kind of pun or joke. Go figure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.slowwave.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICONOCLAST

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once had a dream about a HUGE Axis & Allies-type game. The map had to be at least 10' by 15' and covered the entire world with the European part about the scale of E.T.O.: European Theatre of Operations. Of course there were thousands of pieces. The rules were more realistic and complex than regular A&A. Obviously such a game will never be made commerically, and would take forever to play if someone did make one and find a place to set it up. Wishful thinking I guess. The funny thing is I way playing the British in North Africs, and I would have had to have 6-foot arms to reach that part of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArxmaster wrote:
coolpapa wrote:
So, I (like most people) occasionally have dreams where I've forgotten to do something really important.

Yeah, like put on your pants before you went to school and suddenly you realize, and at the same time the whole class realizes, you are sitting at your desk in your tighty-whiteys.

What's funny to me is that my no pants dreams are not that I forget to put them on, so much as I idly take them off during class and then forget to grab them when I leave. I've left sweatshirts and such behind IRL this way, but in my dreams, it's always pants....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.