Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
I am reading a lot about this file and how useful it is to customize it. However, I cannot find it anywhere on my computer (and I have downloaded the client software). I did a full search and everything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're running Windows, and you executed the file that you downloaded, it should have installed into a folder called "BrettspielWelt," unless you overrode that name. The BrettspielWelt.prop file should be in that folder - the "BrettspielWelt" folder isn't necessarily in the "Program Files" folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hrm. I am running Windows (XP) and I did find the BrettspielWelt folder under C:\Documents and Settings\Galen Ciscell\Start Menu\Programs\BrettspielWelt (I did not change anything during installation) but there is nothing in it except a shortcut to open the actual client and an uninstall shortcut

Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the start menu entry. Do a right mouse click on the short cut file and select "properties". In that dialog, you should see where the real folder is. It's most likely called "BSW", not "Brettspielwelt".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mb
YES! Werner for the win! I found it - THANK YOU!

Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Now that I found the file, I am trying to change my prop file so that the chat window is smaller and the window for the actual games is bigger. Is this possible? Does anyone know the command?

Thanks,
Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubsi Hubsi
Germany
Kurpfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when BSW is running, pull the screen to the size you want.
then type
/getsize

in the prop file you will find the lines
WinWidth = 1281
WinHeight = 1012
WinPosX= -3
WinPosY= -25

enter the values getsize gave there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chazar
Germany
Hesse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that there may also be another problem if you are using Windows Vista: Vista may simply ignore edits to the .prop file, if your BSW-Folder is stored inside the "Program Files"-Folder. You can change this during install, or by moving the folder and updating all shortcuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the graphic files are certain sizes, and will look better when they can be displayed at 100% or 50%. That'll only happen when your window is at certain set sizes. You can configure the toolbar on the client to set the window to good sizes -- look for the "Display" tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.