United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report Eric. It was a fun game, and I certainly got the impression that the now-no-longer-newbies would be interested in playing more.

I'm impressed that we got through a whole game without outright war between the two of us. We dealt our war with each other to other powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McCool
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it normal for me to wake up the last 2 mornings with this game session in my mind?

I can't stop thinking about the game and how it could have been different. It felt good to get up to 6 units but I needed a plan after that which was lacking at the time. For it being my first game, it was hard sometimes during the Diplomatic phase to remember what was on the board and what would be a good move. I learned a lot - whether I would be any good with this knowledge is another question!

A couple of times during the game the results of the ending movement caught me by surprise. I needed to pay more attention to France's potential to build and how that could hamper an attack. I also think I could have been more active in Diplomacy to try and get some help from someone other than those dirty Germans! whistle

Speaking of those bastards - I thought Germany might like to see my dagger that has been cleaned off and is ready for the next game. I know you didn't get a good look at it Saturday since it was in your back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He who will soon be killed
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a very humble turk finishing the game with nine centers I know I could not have done it without the support of my allies in Russia, Germany, and Italy. I do appologize to villagers or Austria Hungry but you stood between me and my goal to destroy a french german alliance. I only wish I would have trusted Russia more and gonne ahead and thrown my full support behind my german partner. I would however like to point out that what i didn't do was what germany did do and what eventually lead to the german downfall. I refused to spread myself thin enough that a player could infiltrate my home base and allow my power to fall from 6 to 2 in a matter of two years. I will definetly be willing to play in as many diplomacy events as my wife will allow me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He who will soon be killed
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any predictions on what would of been the outcome if the game was played to its conclusion I believe France would have ended with fourteen Turkey with 12 and italy with 8. I believe England would have been eliminated first followed by germany austria hungry and russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsantac wrote:
any predictions on what would of been the outcome if the game was played to its conclusion I believe France would have ended with fourteen Turkey with 12 and italy with 8. I believe England would have been eliminated first followed by germany austria hungry and russia.

I agree that it looked like it was going to come to a three way draw with Turkey/Italy/France. If I were to count to 18 centers for France, it included Moscow, or Vienna as the 18th, and that seems pretty unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McNamara
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that you used "Blades" in your title given if I rememember correctly, the Toledo newspaper is also called the "Blade". When i visited my grandparents as a kid it was pink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.