Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this today for the first time and we have a couple of questions:

Is the discard pile face up or face down?

After an event has been locked down, what do you do with any excess cards in the associated time agent stacks? Do you discard them or are they stuck in the locked down event until recalled?

Thanks!

TT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Played this today for the first time and we have a couple of questions:

Thanks for playing
Our esteemed host has been giving me some valuable feedback, so watch out for some rules changes in the next few days.

Quote:
Is the discard pile face up or face down?

I playtested with the discard pile face-up. However, unless there are stong arguments one way up, I'll leave that out of the rules, so folks can make up their own minds!

Quote:
After an event has been locked down, what do you do with any excess cards in the associated time agent stacks?

Excess agents stay where they are. Note that agents can still:
- move to a locked event
- play cards at a locked event to influence later events
- assassinate an opposing agent at a locked event
- move from a locked event
... small changes are possible, it's just that core history (which has a habit of resisting change) has snapped to a new stable value. Sean has suggested that it shouldn't be possible to change events through a locked event; i.e. if 6 is locked, then you can't influence 5 from 7. I'll probably make this change to the core rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that once cards have been placed to form an Agent, the order of cards in the stack is then fixed.

If you move an agent to an event which already has an agent, do you place one agent on top of the other to form a single agent, and if so in what order are the cards stacked?

Can the order of cards for an agent be rearranged at any other time?

Just checking the components: 2 decks of cards, one set of which forms the event cards leaves 7 of each number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
I assume that once cards have been placed to form an Agent, the order of cards in the stack is then fixed.

Correct

Quote:
If you move an agent to an event which already has an agent, do you place one agent on top of the other to form a single agent, and if so in what order are the cards stacked?

Nope. You then have two agents at the location, each of which can take one action per round. This can be very powerful if you get the timing right.

Quote:
Can the order of cards for an agent be rearranged at any other time?

No. Once the agent is in the past, they have a fixed schedule.

Quote:
Just checking the components: 2 decks of cards, one set of which forms the event cards leaves 7 of each number.

Correct. 70 card deck, plus 10 for the timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications, nice game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
I can't help but tinker when tinkering is suggested. How about making locked events more difficult to pass thorugh. Maybe costing an additional card to travel through and one on the way uptime, otherwise there may be small disturbances that reduce the locked-ness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.