Popular Tags: [View All]
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box says 1-4 players, but the rules (1987) do not list any information on how to play 1 player. A check of the Ravensburger site shows the same rules, just dated 2007.

I didn't see anything in the files either. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules (1987) don't specifically state how to play 1-player, but they do say to divide the 24 treasure cards among the players. So, I guess in 1-player, that person gets all 24, starts at a corner, finds all the pieces, and returns to their corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have the same edition, and that's how I played it tonight. But thought "there must be more"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

You guys reminded me to get the game out of it's bubble wrapper and give it a shot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember that my box has some rules to play this solo. I'll check it tonight and let you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I managed to find the box that contained the 2007 edition and noticed that it says on the box itself; 2-4 players and the English rules are on pages 14-16

Truely disappointed because I was informed that the game can be played solitaire.

However, I see no real problem re: solitaire variant.

I will give it a go on Friday.

Kind regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box does say 1-4. And it was mentioned elsewhere that there ARE rules, but can't find them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Quick brainstorm for Solo Play:

Place the stack of cards face down next to you and set the board up, picking one color.
1. Turn over the top card
2. Play tile
3. Move your guy and try to get the item

*If successful, remove card from play (put in the box) and go back to step 1.
*If unsuccessful, place card face down in a pile to the right, and move on to step 1.

After you have gone through the deck completely move the pile on the right over, and go through the deck again.
You could try to complete them all in 2 or 3 times through the deck with the goal of removing all cards from play.

Another variation would be to only go through the deck one time but have 2, 3 or even all 4 pieces on the board to choose from when moving.

This idea just popped in my head so I figured I'd share, I'll try to play test this and see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After asking the company archive of Ravensburger and the responsible game editor, here comes the conclusion:

In the very first edition it was planned to release solo play rules, but the idea was dropped very soon. Nevertheless the first instructions said "1-4 players", which was simly a mistake. The game is meant for 2+ players.

Sure you can move those tiles all alone, but there are no official rules for it (plus it's MUCH more fun with others).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Robinson

Colorado
msg tools
I asked the same question on the Solo Boardgamers Facebook page, and the consensus was that there aren't any, but then people started brainstorming. There were several ideas, but when they started building on each other's ideas, they came up with something like this:

Put all four tokens on the board. Choose which one is yours. The others are your AI (artificial intelligence) opponents. They play as a team against you.

Turn over the first card and take your turn as usual. All of the tokens will be trying to get to that treasure. If there is a clear path for one of the AI tokens and not for you, that token can move and take the treasure. Otherwise those tokens do not move. (It works best if you either don't start them in the corners, or allow them to move out of the corner as soon as they can. This would be an exception to the rule that they only move when collecting a treasure.)

Now your opponents take a turn. They can take just one turn as a team, or three turns before you take your next turn. I've played it both ways. If they each take a turn, I place a marker beside their corner to help me keep track of which turn it is. Roll either a 12-sided die or two 6-sided dice. There are twelve entry points on the board to push in a tile. Number them 1-12 in your mind and use the dice to determine which one your opponents use. (The odds aren't the same for one D-12 or two D-6, but the game plays about the same either way.)

Again, if there is a clear path to the treasure for one of the tokens (including yours), it can move and take the treasure.

I'm still mulling over what to do in case more than one token has a path to the treasure. This happens surprisingly often. One option is that the one closest to the treasure gets it. Another option is that if it's your turn, you get the treasure, but if it's your opponents' turn, they get it.

I've played this several times, and it really has the feel of a multiplayer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.