Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Stupid Harry Potter Movie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming out on the 15th not the 17th.

And what is this select scenes in 3D IMAX July 29th bullshit.


Grumpy!!!!!!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Majik Mouse
United States
Tuscaloosa
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Love and Peace from the MajikMouse!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... I am a bit confused. Why is earlier worse?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MajikMouse wrote:
Wait... I am a bit confused. Why is earlier worse?


I give a lab meeting presentation Wednesday.

And a friend cannot come that day.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
take a sick day

get a new friend

bask in the glory that is emma watson blush
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
take a sick day

get a new friend

bask in the glory that is emma watson blush


My boss does not believe in sick days. Last time I had to go to the dr cause I was ill he asked if it would interfere with my experiments.

And Emma Watson just doesn't do it for me.

But i will likely be seeing it opening night regardless. We shall see.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My six year old (American) nephew listens to the HP books on CD and so he says "Harry Potter" with a British (non-)accent because it's the only way he's heard it said. It's hilarious.

So why do we care when this children's movie is coming out, and in the event that we'd have to view it (while babysitting or something) why would we care if it opens two days earlier? That sounds like good news; smaller crowds on the 17th.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure you're going to a 2D presentation. 3D is distracting and awful, and you get the privilege of paying an extra few bucks for it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But 3D is perfect for the scene when Ron Weasley turns into a werewolf. Oops, that wasn't a spoiler, was it?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

bask in the glory that is emma watson blush


Emma Watson was the first actress to make me realize that one day I will be a dirty old man, despite how much I'll pretend I'm not.
11 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably watch this one on DVD for two important Reasons


1) After book 3, the HP books took a nose dive, with Order of the Phoenix being the big stinker-roo. However Half-blood prince was a little more (and I do mean a little) interesting. The last one wasn't bad but still wasn't on the level of the first three.

2) My wife is still slowly reading the Half-blood prince, and therefore doesn't want to have the ending ruined.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
MajikMouse wrote:
Wait... I am a bit confused. Why is earlier worse?


I give a lab meeting presentation Wednesday.

And a friend cannot come that day.

And everyone knows they play the good version of the movie opening night only.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
You are such a forgiving bunch of people.

I was denied my HP fix at Xmas and will be delaying seeing the movie in retaliation.
Small minded and futile.
But extending the waiting can be good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening Nite tix purchased! I am luke-warm on the books (read them, enjoyed them, have some problems with them) but the movie spectacle is pretty fun, and anyway now I'm invested in them, so bring on HP & the HBP!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
But 3D is perfect for the scene when Ron Weasley turns into a werewolf. Oops, that wasn't a spoiler, was it?

Don't worry, that one's not as spoilerish as when Dumbledore flies to Honolulu on the back of a winged llama. THAT was a shocker!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
After book 3, the HP books took a nose dive, with Order of the Phoenix being the big stinker-roo. However Half-blood prince was a little more (and I do mean a little) interesting. The last one wasn't bad but still wasn't on the level of the first three.


Though I disagree with the "nose dive" sentiment (book 4 is my favorite, book 6 is quite good, and book 7 is good once you get past the 300 pages of camping), I'll agree with you that book 5 is possibly the weakest of the bunch. Strangely though, it made for a good movie. Not sure how that worked out...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Sorry.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

bask in the glory that is emma watson :blush:


Emma Watson was the first actress to make me realize that one day I will be a dirty old man, despite how much I'll pretend I'm not.


"one day" ?????????? She's like 16? I'd say you already qualify for that title!!!


You dirty old man you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
CapAp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

bask in the glory that is emma watson blush


Emma Watson was the first actress to make me realize that one day I will be a dirty old man, despite how much I'll pretend I'm not.


"one day" ?????????? She's like 16? I'd say you already qualify for that title!!!


You dirty old man you!


Yep. Cappy qualifies as Dirty Old Man. I know this because I am already old & dirty and I didn't have a clue who Emma Watson was until I Googled her. Cappy? You are filthy... I at least wait until they're legal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
"one day" ?????????? She's like 16? I'd say you already qualify for that title!!!

she's 19
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, her character is only 16. (Although technically, I guess Hermione turns 17 soon after the school year starts).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Anyone know why it was delayed from last year in the first place.

I'm guessing that they either didn't like the xmas competition or it wasn't testing well and went back for a re-edit.

Those are just guesses though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the official reason was they wanted to have a huge hit for the summer, rather than the winter - ie, an ace up their sleeves.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if part of it was that they didn't want to compete with Twilight and the teenybopper parade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
I'll probably watch this one on DVD for two important Reasons


1) After book 3, the HP books took a nose dive, with Order of the Phoenix being the big stinker-roo. However Half-blood prince was a little more (and I do mean a little) interesting. The last one wasn't bad but still wasn't on the level of the first three.

2) My wife is still slowly reading the Half-blood prince, and therefore doesn't want to have the ending ruined.


?? Order of the Phoenix is my second favorite! I thought the second one was the worst.

On a separate note, apparently the 7th movie is being done in two parts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
CapAp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

bask in the glory that is emma watson blush


Emma Watson was the first actress to make me realize that one day I will be a dirty old man, despite how much I'll pretend I'm not.


"one day" ?????????? She's like 16? I'd say you already qualify for that title!!!


You dirty old man you!


Yep. Cappy qualifies as Dirty Old Man. I know this because I am already old & dirty and I didn't have a clue who Emma Watson was until I Googled her. Cappy? You are filthy... I at least wait until they're legal.



Quite apart from the fact that Emma Watson is in fact 19, she's also English, and in Britain 16 IS legal, So the 16 year old character she's playing is legal too.

Americvans thinking American laws apply universally always amuse me.


It doesn't? Damn Americvans!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prisoner of Azkaban, the third one, is the best of the series IMO.

I believe the producers cited the Writer's strike as one of their reasons for delaying the movie. Plus, summer release tends to be more profitable.

Apparently, the last book has been divided into 2 movies. Very Odd.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.