Subject: Loyola's bonus and Frequently Misplayed Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
We played Star Fluxx, Star Munchkin, Dixit, and, of course, Bomb Alley.
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a slght contradiction between the rules and Frequently Misplayed Rules. The latter say:

Quote:
A power may only flip one debater for his bonus per impulse. Even if a power conducts multiple actions on an impulse, only one debater bonus is allowed for the whole impulse. However, this is in addition to any debaters flipped for reasons other than the use of their bonuses (e.g. due to participation in debates or because a card says to flip him). If you flip a debater because a card says to flip him, you do not get to use his bonus. Page 28.

But the rules say only:

Quote:
• Each power (Protestant and Papacy) may only use one debater’s
bonus in a given impulse to affect Reformation or Counter Reformation
attempts or biblical translations
. Debaters whose bonuses
apply during theological debates always apply their bonus
if they are used as a debater. Flipping a debater to his committed
side to fulfill the requirement for playing an Event card does not
count as using a debater bonus in an impulse.

So if the Papacy wants to commit Loyola for his bonus and another debater for Counter Reformation attempts during one impulse, it seems to be allowed by the rules but forbidden by Frequently Misplayed Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that would appear to be right. I will correct that in the next edition. Ed, anything to add?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan P.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Seems to me that it's a misfortunate oversight in the text. The text spells out every possible way that debaters could be commited - except for loyola. As such, I believe you're seeing too much in this - if Ed had meant for loyola to be able to be used on top of other debaters, there would be a special mention for a special case. As Loyola is ignored altogether, it seems much more likely that he just forgot that Loyola can be flipped without affecting religious conversions or biblical translations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All of this does not change the ruling that the Papacy can not use one debater to get three spaces eligible for CR and then commit another debater to modify the CR roll.
So Cajetan granting a third space IS affecting the CR attempts (you get three attempts).
Mike G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.