Subject: Calendar resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Menard
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
An odd situation came up in our first full game.

The rules state that if you have 2 tokens next to each other on a calendar month, you can choose the order they resolve in.

My question is what happens if you have all 3 tokens together. (one player happened to be the only one acting for that month.

We ruled that he could choose the order of all his actions.

Effectively, he could choose the order of 1-2, then swap the new 2 with 3, or choose 2-3, then swap the new 2 with 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Evensen
India
Chennai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how we have done it in our games. I think it makes sense that you can do the three in any order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Whitfield
msg tools
I had this in a two player game and ruled that he could do them in any order he wished. but then we were experimenting with different rules modifications, including the consequences of allowing card rules to all stack.

The actual defining rules certainly allow you to play the second of the two seals first, but then since the remaining two would then be seperate (if you keep them on the same space in the track until each is resolved and reset) you should in theory have to play the first and then the third.

It could easily be solved with house rules and since it's a monthly system where it rarely happens in larger games I'd rule that in such situations you can act in any order. Complaints may arise if the situation was brought about or altered by a logistics card though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.